Wilco (the album) (the release party)

Thanks so much to everyone in the Old Town School Wilco Ensemble (the Late Greats) for doing such an amazing job! A wonderful crowd showed up to sing and buy the new album, and much love was expressed for Laurie's Planet of Sound. Wilco is a very lucky band to count so many great people among their fans, and I'm pretty sure they know it.

You did a great job organizing this, too. I think this is something we should do every year, not just album release years... :beer

You did a great job organizing this, too. I think this is something we should do every year, not just album release years... :beer

The band had a blast too! we played and sang Wilco tunes with the crowd from 9:30 or so until around 1 a.m. Good times. And nice singing Dude!

The band had a blast too! we played and sang Wilco tunes with the crowd from 9:30 or so until around 1 a.m. Good times. And nice singing Dude!

Thanks! I couldn't really hear myself up there (but maybe that is a good thing ;) ) It was great seeing everyone and sharing the Wilco love.

Dude Done It Twice!!! :boff I heard both from the audience and they were most excellent :rock

Thanks to Samorama for putting this together with the Wilco Ensemble. Fun night...sorry I couldn't stay to the end. Oh well....

It attracted people in from town who were Wilco fans. I met a guy from New Mexico and another from somewhere (senior moment..) who was in for the Hotel Restaurant Workers Union. Both were at the Hideout for the first time.

LouieB

Dude Done It Twice!!! :boff I heard both from the audience and they were most excellent :rock

You are clearly the King of the Pedal Steel... the "bacon of music that makes everything better." Sounded great. :yes

You are clearly the King of the Pedal Steel... the "bacon of music that makes everything better." Sounded great. :yes

Ha! Yes, I think one of our ensemble members did get on the mic and describe pedal steel as the bacon of music. Delicious work on the steel indeed!

The ensemble has now learned about half of the new album and we're currently working on some stuff such as Cars Can't Escape, Radio King, and a really rockin' out version of Laminated Cat/Not for the Season. At some point in the next few months we'll probably get out to perform the stuff we've been learning lately. So hopefully some people will join us again for another tribute to Wilco!