basilica block party roll call

my friends and i just got our 2 day passes in the mail. were driving from new york; we couldnt pass up the jayhawks, hold steady and black crowes at one show. the counting crows and romantica should be awesome too.

its sort of a pilgrimage for us, since we love the replacements and husker du and all the great music that came from there.

were looking for a cheap place to stay... any ideas?

just a heads up, you're not going to be able to see the Black Crowes and The Jayhawks, their sets overlap by 15 minutes on different stages. I guess you could split the time, but it's a good 5-10 minute walk between the stages, and that's without weaving in and out of the crowd.

• 1 month later...

okay, so does anyone from the mpls area have any idea where we can stay? were looking for a cheap hostel or something. hell, well crash on someones floor. i heard couch surfer is cool, i dunno though.

any ideas?

also, were passing through chicago for a night. any cool bars or places we should go? know of any cheap places to stay?

we want to get to know these cities, cause were gonna move out of new york someday. hopefully.

I'll be going, I think I'm going to spend more time watching the Jayhawks myself.

Solace do you know what time the music starts? I know the doors open at five does that mean music at five or later? Trying to decide when to get there since I have a little drive.

i'm guessing music around 6-6:30 ending by 10:30

I'm going to head over to Frank Black @ the Triple Rock right after the Jayhawks set ends on Friday, and then on Saturday to the Entry for Dexateens right after The Hold Steady

okay, so does anyone from the mpls area have any idea where we can stay? were looking for a cheap hostel or something. hell, well crash on someones floor. i heard couch surfer is cool, i dunno though.

any ideas?

also, were passing through chicago for a night. any cool bars or places we should go? know of any cheap places to stay?

we want to get to know these cities, cause were gonna move out of new york someday. hopefully.

This basilica fest seems for the birds.....as in the Jayhawks, the Crows and the Crowes...

If you want info on Chicago try this thread.There is plenty of talk about places to drink and stay.

LouieB

i'm guessing music around 6-6:30 ending by 10:30

I'm going to head over to Frank Black @ the Triple Rock right after the Jayhawks set ends on Friday, and then on Saturday to the Entry for Dexateens right after The Hold Steady

I wanted to go to see Black Francis at the Triple rock but I think the GF might not be into that, oh well.

I was going to catch the Dexateens down here at the st johns in the mid-day since I'm starting out in Rochester. So my day of music begins at noon, and has an hourish drive in the middle.