My Old 97's photos & wrap-up

Outdoor downtown Tulsa venue was chilly and breezy, but not bad. Crowd was smaller than I thought, more laid back ... but many were singing along. Probably converted a few new fans as well.

At one point, Rhett's monitor starting smoking. A roadie replaced it before it got worse. Some sound issues throughout the show here and there, but nothing too serious. Hey, it's rock and roll. Rhett flubbed some verses (like in Question and a couple other songs I recall), but again -- it's rock and roll. That's what makes it fun.

Hopefully somebody will post a set-list or maybe some youtubes from the show.

Said hey to Rhett afterwards (after his female fans let him go) and shook Ken's hand and told him thanks for coming. Ken hung out in the hotel lobby for awhile talking to a youngster and his mom, presumably giving advice on playing guitar, etc. Kid really lit up talking to him.

Highlights on the night for me:

1. Chatting with Murry before the show. (As nice as you could imagine.) Murry was sporting a "Don't Hate the 918" jacket. (918 is Tulsa's area code.)

2. Chatting with Philip after the show. (Ditto)

3. Cover of Driver 8 by R.E.M. (hint: from a reliable source, this may not be the last you hear of this cover trend this summer ...)

4. Everything else.

:cheers

Here's a link to my photo gallery ... LINKY