Behind the puppets and lipsynching, there is an obviously deep and thoughtful man.

I stumbled across this on youtube today, and it is just as moving now as it was the first time I saw it...

Craig Ferguson on alcoholism

I think he's good. There are some nights when I go home and turn on the TV but am too fried to advance the channel from 2 (WCBS), so I sometimes watch Letterman and then his show.

I work in a television station and as a young 21 year old, fresh out of school, I do a lot of switching.... the station is affiliated with E! Canada and we pick up our feed out of the Victoria station. I have a lot of nights of bad "E! True Hollywood Story: Miley Cyrus". In fact, today it was "E! True Hollywood Stories: Rock Star Daughters". Joy. However, at the end of the night (during the week), we always show Craig Ferguson which is, by far, the best thing we show. Craig makes me laugh like no other late night comic and I can't understand why he doesn't get better ratings. Maybe America just can't accept someone foreign??

It's funny you post that, that monologue is from long before my time but I just stumbled across it last weekend. A very good listen. I also recommend his White House Correspondents speech. Priceless.

Behind the puppets and lipsynching, there is an obviously deep and thoughtful man.

I stumbled across this on youtube today, and it is just as moving now as it was the first time I saw it...

Craig Ferguson on alcoholism

That was the episode that got me hooked on Craig. He later said it was sad he made news for not talking about someone.

He's got a memoir about becoming an American citizen coming out in September, and a few years ago he wrote this novel:

untitledc.jpg

It's a blend of raunchy humor, philosophy and religion. He's a great writer, and this book gets better as you go. Just read the discussion pages in the back and you will see he is indeed deep and thoughtful.