I am trying to get to the Pomona show this weekend. Does anyone have any ideas on what time the band has been hitting the stage?

Will there be an opening act at Pomona? I really want to go, but my band is booked that night and I really want to do both.

Thanks!

-Todd

Hey Todd,

I know through Wilcobase that Wilco came out at 9pm until 11 for the Cincinnati show on Friday.

Not too sure about the Oklahoma City show last night.

Assuming the venue for Pomona is indoors than I think it will be 9pm give or take a few minutes.

If there's no curfew, than expect a later show than 11.

For me, I'm seeing them at a minor league baseball park which is a different thing altogether.

Opening act goes on at 7pm. Wilco should be on around 8 until 10 due to it being open air and there's specific curfews for those types of venues. Tanglewood last summer was the same way, show was rather early at 8 until 10.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS Though I could be wrong. :)

Edit: A gentleman by the name of Jonathan Wilson is the opener for Wilco. According to Wilcoworld.net.

Thanks for the info!

The venue's web page says that doors are at 8, show starts at 9pm. So, if there is an opener for sure, he wouldn't play for much less than 30 or 45 minutes, so that would mean Wilco at 10pm at the earliest, right?

Anyone agree or disagree?

thanks!

Hey Todd,

Well that throws a wrench into the system.

When in doubt call the place. They should know what's going on.

You can take the "i'm confused as to the doors opening time"... or "the I really want to see the opening act when will he/she/they be on ... at 8 or later...?"

The best they can do is probably say "well, the opener goes on at 9 and after that we don't know, but the curfew is at blah blah blah."

Kristofor

Hey Todd,

Well that throws a wrench into the system.

When in doubt call the place. They should know what's going on.

You can take the "i'm confused as to the doors opening time"... or "the I really want to see the opening act when will he/she/they be on ... at 8 or later...?"

The best they can do is probably say "well, the opener goes on at 9 and after that we don't know, but the curfew is at blah blah blah."

Kristofor

I plan on calling them when the box office opens. I think I will just get a ticket and hope for the best?

This will be my first Wilco show and I am insanely excited.

The venue got back to me very quickly!

Preshow happy hour from 5 to 8 -- this features front of the line access to the show when it opens and access to our VIP rooftop bar

doors to main auditorium open at eight

opening act at nine

Wilco at 9 45

I am going to Pomona, too. Glad to see this info.

BTW, I heard the opener is Okervill River

Pomona opener will be Jonathan Wilson. Wilco's website, www.wilcoworld.net, is an amazing tool for discovering these bits of information. Okervill River is opening 6/25 - 7/03. Red Rocks baby!!!