First post...I hope I'm in the right neck of the woods?

I've lurked around these parts for a while now but have been (frustratingly!) unable to join any conversations due to restrictions on work PC and limited time on the home PC. The work problem is now sorted [bar the wandering eyes ;) ], home is a coupla months off..

It's been a while since I've posted in any kinda forum so not sure what the etiquette is around here, but I feel compelled to join in where time will allow - you look like a friendly and informative bunch. Already learned a few things from lurking, I hope I can bring summink to the table in return.

You will hear about the band I play in if there is a time & place but that's for another time.

First off, I just thought I'd say hello before I start diving into conversation and lists...so here am I, long term fan, recent obsessive...been playing catch up ever since Mermaid Avenue (massive Billy Bragg fan) & Summerteeth, been obsessing since I saw IATTBYH about 4 years ago. Still to see them in the flesh, looking to rectify that in August!

Cheers

Joe.

Thank you. First contribution now in, my day is done. You can expect to see me hear between 4 & 5pm most days and at various other intervals :)

Welcome Twigboy, sounds like you are in the right place. There are a lot of us in bands around these parts so looking forward to hearing what you got going on!

Welcome Twigboy, sounds like you are in the right place. There are a lot of us in bands around these parts so looking forward to hearing what you got going on!

Oh well, seeing as you ask :)

www.myspace.com/billyvincent

I'll shamelessly plug more once I'm settled in, thankyou ;)

Oh well, seeing as you ask :)

www.myspace.com/billyvincent

I'll shamelessly plug more once I'm settled in, thankyou ;)

Twigboy, that sounds great and (assuming it's you) the lead singer has a bit of Kevin Rowland/Robert Smith in his voice. Nice.

Anyway, have fun here.

alex

Twigboy, that sounds great and (assuming it's you) the lead singer has a bit of Kevin Rowland/Robert Smith in his voice. Nice.

Anyway, have fun here.

alex

Thank you!

Sadly, the voice belongeth not to me :( I play bass and harmonica. We actually have two singers (both guitarists too) but I think I know which one you refer to. Funnily enough it had never occured to us but a coupla reviews mentioned The Cure so you're in good company and we sure won't complain!

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like!

Already having fun too! I don't Hate It Here...sorry, bad 'pun'!