PJ Harvey/John Parish late spring tour

Has anyone else seen (or would like to have/will see) this tour? Last nights show was amazing in Seattle. In my top three live shows of the last several years.....

367371604.jpg

'Giovanni Ferrario', PJ Harvey, and John Parrish at the Moore Theater, Seattle

367372094.jpg

367371879.jpg

I caught the show in DC a couple weeks back. I thought it was great. Everything from a whisper to full PJ Harvey roar on the vocals. Same with the dynamics of the music.

This was the best show I've seen since Wilco outside in Marymoor Park a few years ago. It also had the best fans I've seen since then, paying attention, and highly appreciative.

Thanks for coming this way Ms. Harvey.

i saw it just under two weeks ago...fabulous stuff. here's the relevant scribblings and shutter actuation evidence:

Excellent, you must have had a press pass, unlike my undercover shots from the 3rd row?

If Giovanni Ferrario isn't an alias for Howe Gelb, then he must be his long lost twin. Any thoughts on that? I really thought it was Howe, and he obviously has a connection with PJ.

Excellent, you must have had a press pass, unlike my undercover shots from the 3rd row?

yeah, i got approved about 12 hr prior to the concert! they had strange shooting restrictions too; there were only 4 shooters who were broken into two groups; group 1 shot songs 4 and 5, and i was in the 2nd group which shot songs 9 and 10. weird. unfortunately, she was much more animated during 'taut' (song 6) and the new title track (song 11).

If Giovanni Ferrario isn't an alias for Howe Gelb, then he must be his long lost twin. Any thoughts on that? I really thought it was Howe, and he obviously has a connection with PJ.

it's funny...i'd read that Howe was playing the NYC show, but didn't really see any shots from it. here's the best shot i got from 'Giovanni' and i'm not sold that it is Howe...but then again, i haven't seen him play boston since _Chore of Enchantment_ was just about out.

p803721821-5.jpg

yeah, i got approved about 12 hr prior to the concert! they had strange shooting restrictions too; there were only 4 shooters who were broken into two groups; group 1 shot songs 4 and 5, and i was in the 2nd group which shot songs 9 and 10. weird. unfortunately, she was much more animated during 'taut' (song 6) and the new title track (song 11).

it's funny...i'd read that Howe was playing the NYC show, but didn't really see any shots from it. here's the best shot i got from 'Giovanni' and i'm not sold that it is Howe...but then again, i haven't seen him play boston since _Chore of Enchantment_ was just about out.

p803721821-5.jpg

Nice shot! Here are a couple of recent Howe Gelb photos from a show in Oct 2008. I still can't say for sure, but during the encore, I yelled out Hey Howe, and got an instant reaction from Giovanni looking right at me. I gave him a thumbs up and he returned it, but I'm still not sure it was him, or if he's been taken for him before and was humoring me. He played guitar like him though, and the few times he sang, it sounded like him. Yet, I can't say I'm sure, and why he'd be incognito is also a mystery. I'm going to try to ask him one day when he's in town again:

338573306.jpg

338573327.jpg

338573235.jpg

Edited to say: it wasn't Howe, this link has a picture of Howe opening for them at Irving Plaza in NY, along with a photo of Giovanni. He sure played guitar Howe style though. So Giovanni Ferrario is a great guitar player, and combined with John Parish, it was guitar heaven.

http://gigoblog.qbertplaya.com/2009/03/pj-harvey-john-parish-irving-plaza.html