Hi,

I don't post often but lurk every day, and this post is by far my most personal, so please, ahem, be patient with me...

This time round I stayed away from the album leaks and the streams and I only heard WTA this week when it arrived at my door. I love it, but one song in particular I would like to thank Jeff and the boys for.

Since I pre-ordered the album a couple of months ago my marriage has fallen apart, and it has been an incredibly emotional and difficult few weeks; it was unexpected and I have truly been at rock bottom.

Listening to One Wing for the first time, the sentiment spoke directly to me. It made me feel heartbroken and hopeful, sad but positive, and I have been laughing and crying at the same time listening to the words. It gives me hope and helps me move on.

Thanks you Jeff, thank you guys, for this song and for shaking me put of my depression. God bless you, see you in London.

Hi,

I don't post often but lurk every day, and this post is by far my most personal, so please, ahem, be patient with me...

This time round I stayed away from the album leaks and the streams and I only heard WTA this week when it arrived at my door. I love it, but one song in particular I would like to thank Jeff and the boys for.

Since I pre-ordered the album a couple of months ago my marriage has fallen apart, and it has been an incredibly emotional and difficult few weeks; it was unexpected and I have truly been at rock bottom.

Listening to One Wing for the first time, the sentiment spoke directly to me. It made me feel heartbroken and hopeful, sad but positive, and I have been laughing and crying at the same time listening to the words. It gives me hope and helps me move on.

Thanks you Jeff, thank you guys, for this song and for shaking me put of my depression. God bless you, see you in London.

Brilliant song: musically, lyrically and emotionally and I am glad you've found some solace during a very difficult time because of it. The power of music is an incredible thing and when I have been in similar places it's hit me in an exactly the same way. Roghly ten years my marriage broke up. Someone coincidentally had bought me Travis "The Man Who" album. Bingo for the song "Last Day of the Laughter". It broughts lots of tears but definitely had some mildly cathartic affect which was good for my spirits.

As a Liverpool fan you literally Never Walk Alone. Having been in the same spot I can't encourage enough for you to reach out the friends and family members during this period. My sincere best wishes for all the good things you've yet to experience once this chapter closes and other ones open.

mad vibes to you. thankfully we have this band that really lifts us up when we most need them (wilco the song is all about that isnt it?). the themes in jeff's lyrics are so universal... you dont need to be in a 17 year marriage to understand what hes saying. i hope things work out for you in whatever capacity that is.

i find it incredible that jeff can somehow write songs that speak to people in their loneliest times and he is married with two kids. how could jeff tweedy have written "how to fight loneliness?" lyrically, one of my all time favorites and it came from a happily married man. i'm not sure how jeff knows so much about it, but i'm glad he does so he can give us great songs, and help people out like you and me

i find it incredible that jeff can somehow write songs that speak to people in their loneliest times and he is married with two kids. how could jeff tweedy have written "how to fight loneliness?" lyrically, one of my all time favorites and it came from a happily married man. i'm not sure how jeff knows so much about it, but i'm glad he does so he can give us great songs, and help people out like you and me

Speaking as a (relatively)happily married man, I can see how at times the words he writes are directly from experience.

I have felt loneliness, despair and anger but I still love my wife to death! :shifty

I think that's what speaks to me more than anything in Wilco's music is I feel like I connect to Jeff's lyrics. It's almost like he's saying things that I feel but don't know how to express.

Radio Cure and Pieholden Suite come to mind...

i hope things turn up for you. I am going through something similar....The record has helped me too, behold the powerful healing of music.

One Wing is probably my favorite on the record. Powerful lyrics, imagery, great guitar parts...yes he sings/writes the words that i would like to say but can't....