I don't think I like music...

September 16th @ Pearl Street in Northampton, MA. As a side note, my wife can't stand Patterson Hood or DBT. She saw them during their Rock & Roll Means Well tour with The Hold Steady last winter and walked away unimpressed.

:blink I've never heard of such a thing.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the band "pre-gamed" a little harder than they should have. They were also in the opening slot that evening.

yeah, come to think of it, they were blown off the stage when I saw them open for THS. Poor setlist choices and the tamest I've heard them...including the Dirt Undereath tour.

Not to turn this into a complete DBT thread, but I was disappointed the last time I saw them live, too. Add the disappointment for me from their last two albums and they have dropped a few notches on my imaginary "favorite bands" list.

Not to turn this into a complete DBT thread, but I was disappointed the last time I saw them live, too. Add the disappointment for me from their last two albums and they have dropped a few notches on my imaginary "favorite bands" list.

they just don't need the 'rock' shtick any more. they've become a lot more confident in their song writing and as a result, reaching their true potential. they play what suits the song, not what suits the fans or themselves anymore. i think this is a good thing. patterson has always had it in him. i can see how fans would be a bit upset though.

they just don't need the 'rock' shtick any more. they've become a lot more confident in their song writing and as a result, reaching their true potential. they play what suits the song, not what suits the fans or themselves anymore. i think this is a good thing. patterson has always had it in him. i can see how fans would be a bit upset though.

Huh?

Every time I see the title I hear the British voice from BAD's Megatop Phoenix say "I don't like music."

Then I click in and remember I'm in the Drive By Truckers thread.

dbt_c_art_72-thumb.jpg

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.

Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.

Have fun, but stay clear of the needle, call home on your sister’s birthday.

Don’t tell them you’re bigger than Jesus, Don’t give it away.

Every time I see the title I hear the British voice from BAD's Megatop Phoenix say "I don't like music."

Then I click in and remember I'm in the Drive By Truckers thread.

Now, that's an album that could do with some remastering.

they're just not writing as 'rockin' songs any more...(?)

The shtick part of your response had me confused. When I hear the term I think gimmick. I wasn't aware that the rock aspect of DBT was a gimmick. Funny enough, I found BTCD to be more of a return to their roots. John Neff was back in the band. It is closer to Pizza Deliverance than any of their other albums. It definitely has more of a "country" feel to it than the previous four did. But, I always thought they were strongly influenced by country artists like Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, George Jones, and Tom T. Hall in the first place.

The shtick part of your response had me confused. When I hear the term I think gimmick. I wasn't aware that the rock aspect of DBT was a gimmick. Funny enough, I found BTCD to be more of a return to their roots. John Neff was back in the band. It is closer to Pizza Deliverance than any of their other albums. It definitely has more of a "country" feel to it than the previous four did. But, I always thought they were strongly influenced by country artists like Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, George Jones, and Tom T. Hall in the first place.

good points. i agree, DBT do not have a shtick. and i hadnt thought about how they really are returning to a sound reminiscent of pizza deliverance. that's an album i really need to pay some attention to.