The Pretenders/Cat Power/Juliette Lewis

very fun show...LOUDquietLOUD sorta evening, w/ Chan Marshall still plying her dusky soul sound and breaking up the volume output.

review and photos here:

http://www.gigwise.com/reviews/live/52125/Wednesday-120809-Cat-Power-Juliette-Lewis-The-Pretenders-@-Bank-of-America-Pavilion-Boston

more shots (click on the photo to see more):

p926321625-4.jpg

p137850486-4.jpg

p481929741-4.jpg

That was the mellowest I've ever seen Chan Marshall. She barely said a word, she just dance and sang the whole time. Last time I saw her she hardly finished a song and told a bunch of crazy stories.

Chrissie Hynde still has the same voice she did on the classic records. Very cool.

That was the mellowest I've ever seen Chan Marshall. She barely said a word, she just dance and sang the whole time. Last time I saw her she hardly finished a song and told a bunch of crazy stories.

Chrissie Hynde still has the same voice she did on the classic records. Very cool.

yeah, she's gotten over her tendency to meltdown at shows, but this karaoke act has gotten a bit stale. agreed that Hynde sounded great, though i think her vibrato was helped out a bit artificially...

Really great photos!!! :worship What type of gear did you use?

thanks! canon bodies and lenses.

Wonderful shots as always, tinnitus. :thumbup

I fell in love with Chrissie when I first saw her in concert (up front, she sang right to me) over 25 years ago, and I still love her.