Cracker 09/01/09

I just found out I'm going to the Cracker show tonight (someone has an extra ticket) in Ft. Collins, CO. Johnny Hickman's hometown. What a nice surprise. I have not seen them in a few years but I really like the new album. Anybody else going?

I just found out I'm going to the Cracker show tonight (someone has an extra ticket) in Ft. Collins, CO. Johnny Hickman's hometown. What a nice surprise. I have not seen them in a few years but I really like the new album. Anybody else going?

Just saw them in NYC maybe 2 months ago. Cracker always puts on a great show. New album stuff is fun live! Cracker are also very good at mixing up their setlist! Have a great time! :beer

How was the show? :cheers

Fantastic and thanks for asking! You are right, the new stuff sounds really good live and I think they played just about everything from the new album. It was not a very big crowd. Johnny Hickman was standing next to us watching the opening band (the Piggies) and his father in law brought him a bag of guitar pedals. Not sure what that was all about. I have seen Cracker several times and I really liked this one. Seemed really stripped down, just 2 guitars, bass and drums. No keyboards or anything. They did "Pictures of Matchstick men", "Shake some action", lots of good stuff. Plus I was drinking O'Dells on tap so no complaints other than my pounding head at work this morning. I have never understood why Cracker is not more popular than they are.

Fantastic and thanks for asking! You are right, the new stuff sounds really good live and I think they played just about everything from the new album. It was not a very big crowd. Johnny Hickman was standing next to us watching the opening band (the Piggies) and his father in law brought him a bag of guitar pedals. Not sure what that was all about. I have seen Cracker several times and I really liked this one. Seemed really stripped down, just 2 guitars, bass and drums. No keyboards or anything. They did "Pictures of Matchstick men", "Shake some action", lots of good stuff. Plus I was drinking O'Dells on tap so no complaints other than my pounding head at work this morning. I have never understood why Cracker is not more popular than they are.

I agree..Cracker always seems to be under the radar! I love when the bust out the random tunes too. Last time I saw them they did St Cajean, Happy Birthday to Me and Take me Down to the Infirmary! Hickman is a great underated guiatrist too! I see them every opportunity I get! :beer

Yes! A Cracker string. Cracker has always been one of my favorite bands ever because they make music that the want to make not what the label wants. I see them everytime they come around New England which is usually twice a year. Seen them many times coast to coast. The last one was in Cambridge this summer, they sounded good and loud (I always forget earplugs). The new stuff is awesome live and they always play the hits. Highlights were: Hey Brett, Time Machine, Thistle Pie, Big dipper, shake some, I could be wrong, ETG, Low, Teen Angst, Happy B-day, Flower power, and Riverside.

Yes! A Cracker string. Cracker has always been one of my favorite bands ever because they make music that the want to make not what the label wants. I see them everytime they come around New England which is usually twice a year. Seen them many times coast to coast. The last one was in Cambridge this summer, they sounded good and loud (I always forget earplugs). The new stuff is awesome live and they always play the hits. Highlights were: Hey Brett, Time Machine, Thistle Pie, Big dipper, shake some, I could be wrong, ETG, Low, Teen Angst, Happy B-day, Flower power, and Riverside.

I'm not sure there are any Cracker albums I don't like. We are pretty spoiled with Cracker shows here in Colorado since Johnny lives in Ft. Collins. He plays around quite a bit with his solo projects as well. I have to agree, the new album sounds really good live and I think is some of their strongest work since the first several albums.

I'm not sure there are any Cracker albums I don't like. We are pretty spoiled with Cracker shows here in Colorado since Johnny lives in Ft. Collins. He plays around quite a bit with his solo projects as well. I have to agree, the new album sounds really good live and I think is some of their strongest work since the first several albums.

I revived my old Cracker thread from 2006 in Someone Else's Song... had a few Cracker fans then here at that time.