Just been watching BBC coverage of Radiohead at Reading headlining on Sunday night.

Astonishing crowd - especially the vast singalaong in the slow bit of Paranoid Android with all hands raised swaying in great waves, many thousands strong. Looked amazing, and a great look on Colin Greenwood's face - shock and awe! Yorke looked like he was in a trance with his robotic dancing and headshaking throughout the set - great knob-twiddling by Jonny Greenwood and Ed O'Brien too. It's on Youtube if you fancy a look, as is most of the set broken down into different songs.

I saw them at Nissan Pavilion last year. The entire night was torrential downpours in every surrounding county. Nissan is an outdoor amphitheater. Needless to say, everyone that wasn't under the pavilion was soaked.

When they got to the "rain down" chorus in Paranoid Android, it was one of the most amazing moments I've ever experienced at a concert, as the thousands of soaked lawn dwellers realized what they were screaming. Intense stuff.

But yea, incredible live band in every sense of the word. If you haven't seen the clip of Karma Police live at Glastonbury 2003, then go find that. The crowd singalong towards the ends gives me chills every time.

I saw them at Nissan Pavilion last year. The entire night was torrential downpours in every surrounding county. Nissan is an outdoor amphitheater. Needless to say, everyone that wasn't under the pavilion was soaked.

When they got to the "rain down" chorus in Paranoid Android, it was one of the most amazing moments I've ever experienced at a concert, as the thousands of soaked lawn dwellers realized what they were screaming. Intense stuff.

But yea, incredible live band in every sense of the word. If you haven't seen the clip of Karma Police live at Glastonbury 2003, then go find that. The crowd singalong towards the ends gives me chills every time.

Crikey, I was AT Glasto 2003 but didn't see them. Was too busy watching SFA as I remember, with Gruff Rhys stirring it up saying how he hated Radiohead. That said, I was at their famous 97 Glastonbury set when it also pissed down and was a mudfest.

Crikey, I was AT Glasto 2003 but didn't see them. Was too busy watching SFA as I remember, with Gruff Rhys stirring it up saying how he hated Radiohead. That said, I was at their famous 97 Glastonbury set when it also pissed down and was a mudfest.

Oh fuck. I have a recording of that SFA set, and it's amazing. I'd say you made the right choice, but I am an unabashed SFA fanboy.

I laugh every time I hear Gruff's "does anyone here hate Radiohead?" line. Just because you could easily take it as "I hate Radiohead" or "why are you watching us instead of Radiohead?"

I'm glad I wasn't at that festival. In my opinion, that's the two greatest British rock bands ever, playing at the same festival, at the same time. That's just criminally unfortunate planning.

Speaking of Radiohead, I came across two news items today about the band that I had polar opposite reactions to.

First, I read Jonny Greenwood speaking sense about mp3's.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sashafrerejones/2009/09/dithering-jonny-greenwood.html

Second, Yorke and Greenwood are releasing 2 songs on a 12" vinyl that's over $16, which seems unreasonable until I realize the mp3s will probably be cheap as free.