UIC Pavilion Shows

doors open - ?

showtime on ticket - 7:30

opening act - 7:30 (usually performs for 45 min)

set change - 8:15/8:30 to 8:45/9:00

Wilco onstage something like 8:45/9:00.

Well, that's sorta the process in my experience anyway.

Looked around a bit for info on hotels, but didn't find much here. So, I'll ask... Any suggestions for a hotels close to the UIC shows? Just looking for a comfortable place to stay, nothing over the top. Would be nice if bar/restaurants were in walking distance. Any help would be appreciated:)

Guest Speed Racer

Someone will gladly correct me if I'm wrong, but I used to work at UIC and unless things have changed drastically in the past six years, don't plan on hanging around the neighborhood too long after the show. I think there are a few bars near the Pavillion, and someone else can speak to that better than I, but I wouldn't sleep near UIC. Not least of all because that area is kind of blah in general, and as long as you're in Chicago you should stay in a more happenin' neighborhood. There are a few hotels across the expressway if my memory serves. Check out the Chicago thread here at VC for some pointers.

There are some hotels in the UIC area, maybe closer to Ashland than Halsted. Someone should post this up in the Chicago thread for sure.

The Taylor St. (little Italy) area has many nice restaurants of all price ranges.

LouieB

Thanks for your replies!

I kind of got the impression the area wasn't the best, because the reviews for the few hotels close by had some horrid comments regarding safety.

So, do you think just stay in downtown Chicago (Michigan Ave, etc) and cab it over to UIC for the show?

So, do you think just stay in downtown Chicago (Michigan Ave, etc) and cab it over to UIC for the show?

It's right off the Blue Line train - Racine stop:

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/station.aspx?StopId=117

You've gotta ride the CTA, if only so you can hum Far Far Away to yourself while you're doing it. Also, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than cabs and there are stops within a block or two of most hotels downtown.

Guest Speed Racer

You've gotta ride the CTA, if only so you can hum Far Far Away to yourself while you're doing it. Also, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than cabs and there are stops within a block or two of most hotels downtown.

Seriously. You could ride the train and throw cash out the window until you reach your destination, and it will still be cheaper than a cab.

The first time you enter the CTA station, find an employee or walk around the card kiosks until you find one that issues trip passes (edit: NOT a standard fare card, but a pass). You should be able to get a 2-day (or 24-hour? I can't recall) pass for $7-$9, which is going to be a lot cheaper and twice as convenient than any other option.