A Central Depository For VCers Music!

Here are some rough live-take demos we're working on. We've only been playing together for two months now but I hope you'll give it a listen! Should get around to putting some real recordings together soon.

p.s. "Woe Christmas Tree" is the song I wrote and sing on :thumbup

(Also if anyone lives in the twin cities area we will be playing with a couple other performers @ the Downtime bar & grill in Dinkytown April 16th!)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some rough live-take demos we're working on. We've only been playing together for two months now but I hope you'll give it a listen! Should get around to putting some real recordings together soon.

p.s. "Woe Christmas Tree" is the song I wrote and sing on :thumbup

(Also if anyone lives in the twin cities area we will be playing with a couple other performers @ the Downtime bar & grill in Dinkytown April 16th!)

Hey Ajax:

Read the first post in the thread. If you could start a page a http://iacmusic.com that would be the way to go, as I am trying to create a VC-only playlist over there, for easy sampling of all of our projects. I think that they still have a free option, if you wanted to start one up, that would be excellent!

Hey Ajax:

Read the first post in the thread. If you could start a page a http://iacmusic.com that would be the way to go, as I am trying to create a VC-only playlist over there, for easy sampling of all of our projects. I think that they still have a free option, if you wanted to start one up, that would be excellent!

Just created an IAC account! Here's the link: http://iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?id=143986

Just created an IAC account! Here's the link: http://iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?id=143986

I got it.

Added the song to the VC playlist.

And am listening now. I like it!

Hope you listen to everybody there, too. There are some really talented folks at this board!

I got it.

Added the song to the VC playlist.

And am listening now. I like it!

Hope you listen to everybody there, too. There are some really talented folks at this board!

Yes for sure. I can't believe I hadn't noticed this earlier as I knew there were a lot of great musicians on the board. Its great to have everybody's music in one place. Thanks!

Also, I would like to send a message to you all:

If you have more than one band (or more than one album) represented at IAC, please let me know, so that I can put up a song from each band/album on that VC playlist.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added "Starfighter (City In the Sky)" to the VC page, Dan. Nice work. Very atmospheric and moody.

Just added "Starfighter (City In the Sky)" to the VC page, Dan. Nice work. Very atmospheric and moody.

thanks for the kind words and thanks for your efforts on this thread and for maintaining the VC station. There is a lot of great stuff posted there and i'm glad t get my first track up.

• 4 weeks later...

Um, I put together this little record to sell at shows this summer. Figured I would host it on the internet for free for anybody who wanted to download. It's half and half covers/originals.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ithyldzodn

yo.

Did you set up a page at IAC Music? I would love to check out your tunes and add them to the page, but I can't do anything for you until you do.

why exactly can't i post a download from mediafire?

i don't get why i HAVE to do one of those profiles to share stuff... :hmm

i'll take it to the RTT where it belongs i guess...

why exactly can't i post a download from mediafire?

i don't get why i HAVE to do one of those profiles to share stuff... :hmm

i'll take it to the RTT where it belongs i guess...

Oh, you can totally post a mediafire! In fact, that is very cool of you to offer it up as such. Thing is, this topic is here for the sole purpose of CONSOLIDATING everybody's music into a single place, so that there is but one page where we can all go to hear a sampling of everybody's tunes!

I would love to check out your music, for sure. Only, for folks like me who are at work most of the time, we cannot download anything to our computers here, so we CANNOT listen. However, if you would set up an IAC page (it's free), that would be very cool so that we can all hear your tune; and in context with everyone else's.

Check out the page/station and see if you don't think that it's a nice little resource to have here:

LINK

(And no, I do not work for the site, nor do I get anything from them for doing this.)

I hope that you do put a song or two up there.

Looking forward to hearing your music.

• 2 months later...

Added, Vinnie!

Nice. Sounds like a Minneapolis/Replacements influence. Digging it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! Just set up my IAC page. Here's the link.

Also, just got my album set up for sale on iTunes, if anyone's interested enough. :)

Thanks. Loving the other VC music I'm hearing on the site.

Listening now, Galen. Really nice stuff; good songwriting.

Adding to the VC station, now.

• 3 weeks later...

well, the record is done, i'm just waiting on the master for one more song to come through. Due to lineup changes we went through the ordeal of a name-change:Gasoline became Los Gasolineros. Earth shattering, I know. If this close resemblance is in breach of the rules, could you include something from the new one rather than the old one, please Todd? I'm sure you know what it's like to be excited about new material and wanting to promote it.

And so, withough further adieu, may I present you with Los Gasolineros

well, the record is done, i'm just waiting on the master for one more song to come through. Due to lineup changes we went through the ordeal of a name-change:Gasoline became Los Gasolineros. Earth shattering, I know. If this close resemblance is in breach of the rules, could you include something from the new one rather than the old one, please Todd? I'm sure you know what it's like to be excited about new material and wanting to promote it.

And so, withough further adieu, may I present you with Los Gasolineros

Any particular song that you want me to add from the new one? Which one?

I will check it out on Tuesday when I get back to work and don't have everyone running all around me at home.

Looking forward to hearing it.

Any particular song that you want me to add from the new one? Which one?

I will check it out on Tuesday when I get back to work and don't have everyone running all around me at home.

Looking forward to hearing it.

The songs "Genocide Eyes" and "Comfort Food" seem to get a lot of positive response, and as up-tempo 3 and a half minute songs they seem to fit within the parameters of a "single," but if there's something else you'd prefer to put up, use your own better judgement.

• 3 weeks later...

Added you to the station.

Almost didn't because you haven't had many posts around here (and I don't want to use this thread as a place for just anybody to come in and post about their band -- ironic, huh?). But it is a good tune, so I added it. Nice work.

Added you to the station.

Almost didn't because you haven't had many posts around here (and I don't want to use this thread as a place for just anybody to come in and post about their band -- ironic, huh?). But it is a good tune, so I added it. Nice work.

Thanks. It's true, I tend to be more of a reader than a poster, but I've been kicking around the halls for a while. (Had to recreate my profile kinda recently, so some of my older posts are no longer noted).

Glad you liked the tune, too.