Ron Paul: “Ben Bernanke is the most powerful man in the world because he controls the supply of money, which is the dollar, which is the reserve currency of the world. He can create a trillion dollar in secret without any monitoring by the Congress. So there’s no transparency and I think he is more powerful than the President.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-12-16/ron-paul-reacts-to-ben-bernanke-as-time-person-of-the-year/

"Person of the Year" isn't necessarily a good thing. People like Hitler and Stalin have won the title in the past. It's just meant to recognize the person who was most influential and/or notable in the news that year.

And yeah, from what I've read, Bernanke is going to have a tough time getting re-upped. Bernie Sanders has said he'll block his nomination personally.

isn't he at risk of losing his job? i remember reading about some congressional hearing recently where he was having to justify keeping his job. Time magazine=lame.

Bernie Sanders, God bless him, was giving Bernanke a hard time, but I am pretty sure Bernanke will be re-upped. And yes, he is more powerful than the president.

Bernie Sanders, God bless him, was giving Bernanke a hard time, but I am pretty sure Bernanke will be re-upped. And yes, he is more powerful than the president.

Bernie Sanders is going to "place a hold on the nomination, a procedural move that means Bernanke will need 60 votes to be confirmed." and according to the Washington Post "The timing will be tight. The Senate returns to session Jan. 19, and if Bernanke is not confirmed by Jan. 31, then Fed Vice Chairman Donald Kohn would take over as acting chairman, though Bernanke could remain on the Fed board of governors pending confirmation."

I want a Bernie Sanders T-shirt for Christmas.

I want a Bernie Sanders T-shirt for Christmas.

:wub Oh HELL yes. :cheers

I want to move to Vermont for Xmas. Then I would feel like I have REAL representation in DC.

I really don't get all the Bernanke hate.

He was a key player in all the maneuvering in the bank system that made the sub-prime mortgage experiment possible, was part of the brain trust that put the banking system where it was when it imploded and then claimed he should be the one to fix it because he was such an insider. i dunno, i've been working on a pay cut for over 2 years now and lost all of my retirement benefits, have watched others lose their jobs, and others be at risk with their houses. I think the Bernanke hate is similar to any fat cats on wall street/big bank ceo hate that is out there. he helped get us into this mess and is somehow still employed.