Is this something we should worry about?

First of all, this could be way off base because the source is "me", and I've barely had time in the last 5-6 weeks to think about it much less verify anything. It just made me wonder what was up.

Around the time they announced Wilco would play at the Winter Games, I heard a kind of heartbreaking story about a small, poor native kids choir from Newfoundland, who made some kind of special impact on an audience and were promised by Susan Agluarkuk that they were going to perform at the ceremonies, and then later were abruptly informed that they were "not invited". Some of these families were working for the cost of the traditional dress ($500 a kid), etc., and everyone was devastated. I'm not making any of this up, it was on CBC Radio sometime last month.

Does anyone know about this? Do we care? I mean, Tony and the band would be outraged if they felt they were somehow part of a corporate monster that was replacing a band of nobody kids and their humble choirmaster from the battered island? Right? Maybe this was rectified already?

Maybe we just need to get back to basting our turkeys....I'm not here to judge, I'm just asking the questions. It did creep me out as a Wilco fan to hear this thing, which admittedly, I was only half paying attention to.

That rather sucks.

I was talking to a couple of Vancouver locals last night and they were telling me about the greek pizza place in Vancouver that was called Olympic Pizza, and they were forced to take their sign now after 40+ years of being in business. I love the sporting aspect of the games, but the corporate stuff sucks. I heard we are going to have to change the name of the Olympic Mountains until the games are over.

I never heard anything about Wilco playing the Opening Ceremony, just a free concert in a park outdoors. Any un-inviting of youngsters wouldn't be any fault of Wilco. Although, maybe they could recruit the children's choir to be their backup singers for Just a Kid, and then let them do a couple of their own tunes.