Posies to record new album this spring

From a Facebook post by Jon Auer:

"...is pleased to announce: 1) The Posies will play "Frosting On The Beater" in its' entirety on 4/17/10 @ The Crocodile in Seattle, WA 2) A handful of hours after said Crocodile show, freshly rocked Posies will leave Seattle for the south of Spain to begin recording a new album for release in 2010, and 3) The Posies will also play all new material for said new album @ The Crocodile on 4/17/10 as well. For rizzle! Tickets go on sale online 2/6/10 @ TheCrocodile.com"

:w00t

Their last release, Every Kind of Light, was good but not great. Still, I'm a huge fan of this band, and I eagerly await anything they release.

From a Facebook post by Jon Auer:

"...is pleased to announce: 1) The Posies will play "Frosting On The Beater" in its' entirety on 4/17/10 @ The Crocodile in Seattle, WA 2) A handful of hours after said Crocodile show, freshly rocked Posies will leave Seattle for the south of Spain to begin recording a new album for release in 2010, and 3) The Posies will also play all new material for said new album @ The Crocodile on 4/17/10 as well. For rizzle! Tickets go on sale online 2/6/10 @ TheCrocodile.com"

:w00t

Their last release, Every Kind of Light, was good but not great. Still, I'm a huge fan of this band, and I eagerly await anything they release.

yeah, but i did love the shit out of Conversations and a couple other tunes.

man that Frosting show would RULE... jealous

Absolutely ... it was still a very listenable record. But I think Auer and Stringfellow have both put out better solo records (Songs From The Year Of Our Demise and Touched, respectively).

I would love to see a Frosting show ... but I'd want Mike Musburger on drums. :(

• 6 months later...
  • 11 years later...