My Super Secret Birthday Wish

So-- I'm gonna be 40 in May, and am a little obsessed. Any who, I've made no secret to family and friends that I want a surprise party. But, I have this secret fantasy that I have a friend who has a friend who has a friend who knows someone in the Wilco world, and they'll arrange to have JT surprise me at my surprise party with an acoustic serenade. Maybe California Stars.

It'll never happen, but I guess this proves that no matter how old you get, you can still have unrealistic day dreams. Sigh.

So-- I'm gonna be 40 in May, and am a little obsessed. Any who, I've made no secret to family and friends that I want a surprise party. But, I have this secret fantasy that I have a friend who has a friend who has a friend who knows someone in the Wilco world, and they'll arrange to have JT surprise me at my surprise party with an acoustic serenade. Maybe California Stars.

I have the same exact daydream! Except it doesn't have to be on my birthday. And any song will do.

When Wilco were in Dublin last year, I stood in the front row and imagined Vicar Street was my living room. That was almost a perfect dream come true, except for the other 1000+ people there, but I pretended they were my friends.

I'm sure the Virgin Mary doesn't think people are "stalkers" just for having a shrine to her in their homes, or for having one sided conversations with her. And this is why it is perfectly okay that I have my Wilco shrine, where I light a candle when I pray that they will come to Dublin again, soon.

(OK, I'm really Buddhist, and I light incense rather than candles, but Catholicism is a more populist metaphor for where I live.)