How do I buy tickets for Berlin?

The Berlin show on September 27 is perfect timing for us, as we were planning a European vacation then anyway. But when I tried to buy tickets online, I found that the site is (a) in German only and (B) apparently available to Germans only.

Anyone with local knowledge have a suggetion for how to get tickets? Also, with three price ranges, is it GA with different areas (main floor, upstairs, or is it a seated venue?

Just be aware that they are antiquated in their ticketing send out modes - they don't hold tickets at venues for you, they don't send out tickets as pdf files so you can print them off (unlike Ticketmaster in the Netherlands) - they do charge you over EU 39.00 for the priviledge of receiving your ticket outside of Germany - as I recently found to my cost...

...they do charge you over EU 39.00 for the priviledge of receiving your ticket outside of Germany - as I recently found to my cost...

Holy shit... Did not know.

Just found this one www.hekticket.de No seating plan booking on this website but shipping outside of Germany is not that expensive (5.90 EU).

Thanks for all the leads!

We're still on the fence about Berlin as we both vastly prefer GA shows where we can get up front and not worry about the standing/sitting issue. Also waiting for announcement of a show in the Czech Republic, which could actually be on my birthday (Sep 29) if it comes after the Berlin show as I would expect.

...as we both vastly prefer GA shows where we can get up front and not worry about the standing/sitting issue.

What about Vienna? Looks like a pretty cool venue and it's not seated. And the city is worth a trip, I think. Never been there before, so I'm quite curious about it. But Berlin is worth a trip as well, anyway. :yes

Also waiting for announcement of a show in the Czech Republic, which could actually be on my birthday (Sep 29) if it comes after the Berlin show as I would expect.

Me too. Although I'd like to have my last show 'at home', so Berlin would be an excellent closure. Let's see... Sep 29th seems most probable.

I have bought tickets many times via eventime.de - the shipping is expensive via DHL but it works and if you are obsessed about something it ensures you get what you want, quickly, and without a lot of difficulty. The Prague show, assuming it is actually booked, will likely be available via Ticketstream or Ticketpro and as electronic downloadable tickets.

Call or email the venue directly. The shipping charges are usually lower, or you can pick it up at the box office before the show with an ID.

Europeans, amazingly, are often multi-lingual and can speak English pretty well as long as you don't lapse into esoteric American slang (ie. "score" tickets instead of "buy;" etc.)

I've gotten tickets for Wilco shows in Spain, Sweden and for this one in Berlin by phoning/emailing and the customer service has been overwhelmingly friendly. (I meant to forward a ticket confirmation email to my BFF, and hit reply instead, so the venue emailed me and said "Yvonne, I think you meant to send this to someone else.")

These days, with Obama in the office, an American accent opens more doors around the world than it ever did. I am milking the goodwill while it lasts. :-)

Thanks for all the tips - I just think that when many other agencies can send you an e-ticket in seconds after confirmation now that the notion of sending out hard tickets by very expensive couriers is just a money making exercise for the agency. There's no way Eventim will be paying anywhere near that rate to do so.

I accept they sent these out the day after they were booked and it was very efficient - but this is 2010. For example I got Wilco tix for Stockholm and Aarhus emailed to me in nano seconds from two separate countries. To rub it in, I had to make a 50 mile round trip to get the tickets at the nearest DHL depot as they of course insisted on a signature whilst I was out at work...

You are right about speaking to a real person - I had to do so for the Danish tix, but the phone call cost me a fortune also.

• 3 weeks later...