Let's Get Montclair NJ to Show the Wilco Love

I sent this to the mayor, dept. mayor, township manager, and some council reps. Who wants to join me?

"I am Barbara Morriosn, a Belleville resident but frequent visitor to Montclair. I am not a representative of the band, Wilco, but dedicated fan.

Wilco will be performing at the Wellmont Theater on April 2 and 3. Throughout the course of their recent tour of the Northern US, the cities of Madison and Duluth, WI named the band honorary citizens (with tongues planted firmly in cheeks.) While this act was done in the spirit of fun and good will, it did garner positive publicity for the two cities in publications and blogs across the country. (See here: http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt_and_politics/city_hall/article_76f04cda-20d9-11df-9155-001cc4c002e0.html)

I suggest that a naming Wilco honorary Montclair citizens would do the same for Montclair. The city of Montclair has so much to offer -- from restaurants to parks to venues such at the Wellmont and Outpost in the Burbs, which give Northern New Jersey residents an opportunity to see great live music without traveling to New York City. This can be a great way to show residents that they do not have deal with the hassle and expense of going to the City to see their favorite performers, they are right in our own backyard, thanks to Montclair."

Link to Montclair site:

http://www.montclairnjusa.org/

I sent this to the mayor, dept. mayor, township manager, and some council reps. Who wants to join me?

"I am Barbara Morriosn, a Belleville resident but frequent visitor to Montclair. I am not a representative of the band, Wilco, but dedicated fan.

I hope you spelled your name right in your actual correspondence to the town officials. (I'm assuming your last name is Morrison; if it's actually Morriosn, then I sincerely apologize.) :ninja