Wilco footage on SNL retrospective

Just watching the SNL best of the 2000's and barely even paying attention when wait what's that it's "Hate it Here" footage from a couple of years back. Nice surprise, anyone else stumble across it?

Saw it. That was a good program. Anytime a Nels Cline solo (even only a few seconds worth) makes it onto prime time TV, it's a good day.

I watched a lot of the retrospective but I missed out. I saw it when it originally aired and loved it. I wonder if it's on youtube or anywhere?

Same experience as LouisvilleGreg. Watching off and on, just happened to be watching when they cut to 15 seconds or so of Hate It Here. I remember watching that live a few years back and thinking it was good. That brief clip last night was fantastic - much better than I remember. Needless to say, I was hooked on the show last night for a good 30 minutes after that...

My wife and I DVR'd the program, so we didn't see it live. Both of us were pleasantly surprised--but not shocked--to see Wilco. (It made sense to include them among the musical highlights, didn't it?)

I was actually pleasantly suprised to see them among the highlights -- since they are not exactly household names. Assumed they wouod go for the more famouse folks.

I missed them on the retrospective but it's okay with me since I was there live when they performed.

The cool part of the retrospective for me...

When I walked into work the next morning, this waitress I hardly EVER see came RUNNING up to me yelling about Wilco!...lol "Ellen, Ellen, I saw them, I wouldn't have paid attention if it wasn't for YOU! OMG! It was INCREDIBLE!"

Guess, she might be hooked :thumbup

And, the BEST part...she said, "So you KNOW them?"...lol...I told her no and re-explained.

SOOO glad she dug it, tho!