Sponsor, sponsor, who needs a... FREE IPAD!!!

I will pay serious money to anyone who creates an app that can round up all the links that my friends post on Facebook for sponsored walks, etc., and put them all front and center. I can't possibly keep up with everything that everyone posts over there, so I'll often miss a link that I'd really like to see, specifically those sponsorship requests.

So: it's Spring, and that means that there will be a batch of these coming up over the next few months. I've got a few of my own I'm going to add, but I'm also a pretty soft touch. smile.gif If you'd like to post your links in this thread, maybe a few other VCers will also check in here and we'll see if we can't get a nice batch of round-robin donations going.

edit to add: I'm not looking for any kind of 1-to-1 reciprocity here. No expectations. If you can give, please do. If not, no worries. Everyone does what they can. wave.gif

I'm going to kick this off with a particularly good cause, near and dear to a few folks around here. Please sponsor Mr. tugmoose and his family! How can you resist that picture?!?

I was rockin' the Team Trudy colors today in the NMSS Walk MS Cleveland. The rest of the Team will be doing the Philly walk May 2. Anyone who wants to support this worthy and vital cause can make a donation to Team Trudy here.

4508798124_e55313b683_o.jpg

Hugs from Mom!

was all prepared to make a witty,snarky comment about 12 steps and somesuch, but hits a bit close to home.

Guest Speed Racer

So close, it's almost right over your head.

Taking the LSAT in a few weeks, all pumped for law school in Fall 2011. I accept Paypal and personal checks. :lol Or home-cooked meals. Or just recipes. For meals with cheap ingredients. :ohwell

gogo and Greg- on behalf of magpie and myself, thank you so much!

Best of luck with the Cystic Fibrosis and MS walks. Hopefully the east coast will have good weather on 5/2 and the west coast on 5/1!!

I'm walking for Relay for Life this year. The actual event isn't until mid August, but you can donate here.

I'm very excited to be a part of this. It's something I've wanted to do for the past couple of years and the timing of it actually worked out this year.

Bumping this because a bunch of them are happening this weekend.

Thanks to all you folks who've been very generous already! :wave

Pin it

Nah, there's a ton of stuff pinned already, and we're always trying to reduce the pinnage-clutter!

I'll just give it the occasional bump for now. And I'm hoping some other folks will share their links, too. :yes

My friend Meghan does the March of Dimes in Burlington with her young daughters, too. :yes

Meghan posted this on facebook this morning:

snow.JPG

Her caption: "A lovely spring morning in Vermont. The purple thing on the table is a plastic 12" ruler showing our 10" of snow."

I don't know what that does for her walk this weekend. :lol

• 2 months later...

Pin it

BUMP

Pin this

Thank you for the bump, Mr. Crow. :)

And thank you for the donation, Mr.(theZ)! :cheekkiss

MattZ is now in the running for a FREE IPAD! No, seriously. For every $250 I get in on-line donations, I get an entry into a drawing for some fabulous prizes: an iPad, and a trip for two to attend the taping of the finale of So You Think You Can Dance. My mom and I have already agreed that if we win the trip, we're going! But if I win the iPad, I'm going to give it to one of my oh-so-generous donors. So get in there, folks! FREE IPAD!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So, we didn't win the iPad, and I'm not going to So You Think You Can Dance. :(

But... I raised $1665, with the help of some ridiculously generous VCers!

Big thanks and kisses to:

tugmoose

plasticeyeball

sex nap (the artist formerly known as Speed Racer)

Matt (the Z)

watch me fall

Jen, Ben and the kitties

Preferred B

and the lovely and talented Mr. bböp :)

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Love you all. :cheekkiss

• 1 year later...

'Tis the season, once again, for sponsored walks, etc. I'm bumping this for my own selfish purposes (links to all my upcoming events in my sig line!!!), but please, I love to hear about what everyone else is doing, too. Post your links, everyone!

First event up for me this year is the Cystic Fibrosis walk: http://www.cff.org/G...trides/MaudieMc

I will pay serious money to anyone who creates an app that can round up all the links that my friends post on Facebook for sponsored walks, etc., and put them all front and center. I can't possibly keep up with everything that everyone posts over there, so I'll often miss a link that I'd really like to see, specifically those sponsorship requests.

So: it's Spring, and that means that there will be a batch of these coming up over the next few months. I've got a few of my own I'm going to add, but I'm also a pretty soft touch. smile.gif If you'd like to post your links in this thread, maybe a few other VCers will also check in here and we'll see if we can't get a nice batch of round-robin donations going.

edit to add: I'm not looking for any kind of 1-to-1 reciprocity here. No expectations. If you can give, please do. If not, no worries. Everyone does what they can. wave.gif

edit: Oh yeah, and the free iPad offer is no longer valid. :lol

'Tis the season, once again, for sponsored walks, etc. I'm bumping this for my own selfish purposes (links to all my upcoming events in my sig line!!!), but please, I love to hear about what everyone else is doing, too. Post your links, everyone!

First event up for me this year is the Cystic Fibrosis walk: http://www.cff.org/G...trides/MaudieMc

That is wonderful, Maudie!

A coworker of mine has a grandson who was born a year and a half ago VERY premature. After heart surgery and several months in the hospital, he came home healthy and has been thriving since. His entire family is very involved with the March of Dimes walk this month, so I have donated to support them.

I love that your personal goal is 5 times your team's goal.

I'm an overachiever. :)

Thanks for the donations, folks! I always know I'll find some sweethearts around here. :cheekkiss

• 2 months later...