Most enjoyable albums?

I think in many ways they are one of the greatest bands ever, because they are an out and out right comedy act - but the songs hold up after repeated listens as much as any other great band - so the listener continues laughing even though they've heard it a million times before.

Anyway, they always bring a smile to my face. All these videos on youtube, by the way, are from a kids tv show - which they did the music for and most of the monty python crew did the sketches. Bloody 60s kids were spoiled rotten!

I think in many ways they are one of the greatest bands ever, because they are an out and out right comedy act - but the songs hold up after repeated listens as much as any other great band - so the listener continues laughing even though they've heard it a million times before.

Anyway, they always bring a smile to my face. All these videos on youtube, by the way, are from a kids tv show - which they did the music for and most of the monty python crew did the sketches. Bloody 60s kids were spoiled rotten!

Yup

Do Not Adjust Your Set.

I've seen a few episodes and the Bonzos are the best thing about it. (Palin, Jones, and Idle had not yet hit their stride.) And, you know that the Bonzo guitar/piano player, Neil Innes, continued on as a member of the Python crew, and with Idle in The Rutles (Innes played Ron Nasty).

Love that band.

I fucking love Water in the Sky. Both the earlier version and the album version. The little riff to end the intro on the album version just floors me.

Ghost is probably my favorite phish album. water in the sky and limb by limb. so good.

Thanks. Yes, that's the Eyes from Without a Net with Branford, my all time favorite nice weather song.

I've seen reviews where Gaucho is rated the "worst" of the 1st 7 Dan records. I don't see it, may be my favorite. I think Aja's probably a better record but if I had to pick a record to listen to of the 2 of them, I think I'd take Gaucho. Related exactly to the threads point, Aja has the critical acclaim but i think I enjoy Gaucho more.

As for the Beach Boys, I could have filled the list with their stuff, especially the '67 to '73 period, maybe the most under-appreciated/under-rated collection of records by a popular band.

good point about the Dan. as far as beach boys go, smiley smile is good too. i don't find pet sounds as enjoyable as those we've mentioned. can't get into dennis's album though.

good point about the Dan. as far as beach boys go, smiley smile is good too. i don't find pet sounds as enjoyable as those we've mentioned. can't get into dennis's album though.

I know, I love Dennis' songs on BB records but his record doesn't do it for me. People on the BB boards fawn over the thing but outside a few of the tracks I don't think it's that great.

I'll take Pet Sounds any day but it is a different animal than the other records. Liking Smiley Smile, have you checked out thr Brian Wilson Smile? Talk about enjoyable records.

Belle and Sebastian's "The Boy With The Arab Strap" always makes me smile. Andrew Bird also never fails to put me in a great mood, it must be all the whistling :D. "Noble Beast" is just.... wonderful!

I know, I love Dennis' songs on BB records but his record doesn't do it for me. People on the BB boards fawn over the thing but outside a few of the tracks I don't think it's that great.

I'll take Pet Sounds any day but it is a different animal than the other records. Liking Smiley Smile, have you checked out thr Brian Wilson Smile? Talk about enjoyable records.

i really enjoy side one of wilson's smile. however, it just has a original cast theatrical production feel to it.