anybody got recommendations for good 'free' aps for an iPod touch?

Guest Speed Racer

My favorite apps:

Scramble 2! Or Scramble.

A word scramble game. Each round is two minutes long. Kinda like Boggle, but solo and highly addictive. (no internet required)

The Weather Channel

Way more comprehensive than the Apple weather app, with hourly, 36-hour, and 10-day forecasts, as well as live radar images. (internet required)

Lose It

Designed as a weight-tracking app, this one's also good for watching your nutrients (protein, carbs, fiber, sodium). Fun charts and stuff. (no internet required)

Target

Includes daily specials, and I don't receive a circular, so it's nice to price check. (internet required)

Amazon Mobile

I bought jeans in bed. Need I say more? (internet required)

Tetris

I think it's $2.99, but it's sooooooo worth it.

ETA:

Rain

White noise. For free! For when the upstairs neighbors are Wii-ing.

My favorite apps:

Scramble 2! Or Scramble.

A word scramble game. Each round is two minutes long. Kinda like Boggle, but solo and highly addictive. (no internet required)

The Weather Channel

Way more comprehensive than the Apple weather app, with hourly, 36-hour, and 10-day forecasts, as well as live radar images. (internet required)

Lose It

Designed as a weight-tracking app, this one's also good for watching your nutrients (protein, carbs, fiber, sodium). Fun charts and stuff. (no internet required)

Target

Includes daily specials, and I don't receive a circular, so it's nice to price check. (internet required)

Amazon Mobile

I bought jeans in bed. Need I say more? (internet required)

Tetris

I think it's $2.99, but it's sooooooo worth it.

ETA:

Rain

White noise. For free! For when the upstairs neighbors are Wii-ing.

Thanks!!!

Words with Friends - Scrabble played with your friends (or random people) at your leisure. You can make one move a minute or one move a week, and the app will let you know when your opponent moves (they also make chess with friends)

Period Tracker

oh, wait, guys wouldn't need that one.

I Took Off: it is great for tracking your vacation and sick leave for work. (this one is a dollar or two)

Xpense It: a good budget tracking app (this one is a dollar or two)

The Weather Channel: good weather, and it used to have traffic cameras, but now since they have updated it, I haven't found that feature. and it is free.

Words with Friends: good app, thumbs up.

Closing because Caliber pissed me off...

not really