Things to do in St. Louis

I'll be in St. Louis next month for the A's-Cards series and was wondering about other things to do. Obviously the Arch and the Anheuser-Busch tour. And I love art, so I'll also hit the St. Louis Art Museum. Anything else? I'll be there for a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

(I'm pretty sure there was a St. Louis thread awhile back, but I couldn't find it, so a preemptive apology to Analogman.)

Soulard is a great neighborhood. Here is a link to the Historic Soulard facts and going on's.

McGurks, in Soulard, is a great Irish Pub for food and drinks.

The Zoo is nice and I think it's still free. The have a decent Art Museum, too (which I think is still free.)

The Landing is a bit of disappointment these days, most of the older clubs are all closed.

The Loop area is nice also for shops. Vintage Vinyl is there as well as Chuck Berry's place Blueberry Hill.

I don't know St. Louis all that well, but I enjoyed the area around Washington University one time when I was there. Lots of big houses behind iron fences and such.

Cross the river and go see Belleville for the hell of it. Also across the river are the Cahokia Mounds if you like native american stuff.

LouieB

Just there for the first-time this week. You are in for a treat. Forest Park is lovely where you'll find the very good Art Museum. Saw great soul and blues on Broadway just a couple of blocks from the stadium - Beales on Broadway and BB's across the street. Heard the Oyster Bar close by was an excellent choice for creole and cajun food. If you haven't before you, you shouls use:

www.yelp.com

I find it invaluable for checking out new cities. Didn't make it to the city museum but that looks really cool. The bars on Washington Street looked good on Wednesday night and everyone said this is a happening area at the weekends. Also, there's a good local brewery (I think it was Schlafly) whose beer was pretty tasty too.