The early (underheard) sounds of bands whose sounds changed

An early version of a song that Parliament would later go on to re-do in 1974.

But, here is the 1967 version of

The Parliaments - "Testify"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJW643hIKMw

Honestly, I think that I kinda prefer this version. Just sounds... tougher.

The Flaming Lips recorded a bunch of raw, under produced albums long ago. Those are pretty good, but relatively unheard.

Post evidence.

Also, I should point out, that all of those early singles from The Parliaments (as they were then known) have pretty much disappeared: gone out of print and have remained basically unavailable, except for a few bootlegs here and there. (I have one of those bootlegs and the sound quality is atrocious.) Here's hoping that those early doo-wop singles will finally get reissued and receive the treatment that they deserve.

Also, I should point out, that all of those early singles from The Parliaments (as they were then known) have pretty much disappeared: gone out of print and have remained basically unavailable, except for a few bootlegs here and there.

There are a few CDs that were issued compiling various Parliaments singles. I got this one a few years back (worth getting if you can find it):

41Q43NS3RYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Okay, back on topic. Not a band, but an artist that changed drastically since his first recordings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ8k6fVe25k