God Bless Jeff Tweedy

Something has blessed Jeff Tweedy. Maybe it's his own strength of character, his talent, his loyalty to ideals and family, his belief in his gifts and the value they bestow on the world. Maybe it's having the wisdom to know that you've got to keep your inner child alive.

He is a man of many blessings, which he has nurtured and developed, and many of the products of his blessings are gifts to us all.

[insert your own snarky comment here. "Yeah, right, except for (least favorite song/album/band change/his bald spot!)]

I wish he'd get his poetry published.I don't know if he just writes to the music but I'd wager he has hundreds of notebooks of unheard writings.put that shit out brother,your lyrics are,to me,half the beauty of your music.

I wish he'd get his poetry published.I don't know if he just writes to the music but I'd wager he has hundreds of notebooks of unheard writings.put that shit out brother,your lyrics are,to me,half the beauty of your music.

He does have a book of poetry: Adult Head, and you can get it for about $10 here . It's interesting. Not as good as the lyrics + music, in my opinion, but there are lots of fragments of beauty and insight, and poems that later became songs, etc. For the price I think it's a must have for anyone who admires Jeff.

Yeah I've got adult head and it is good.I meant on a larger scale.the musicians I know have hundreds of notebooks of words and they're nowhere nearly as good at saying something in as little amount of lyrics as tweedy is.he mightve slowed down on that due to raising a family though who knows.

I'm diving in this thread, because every so often I just gotta blather how amazing this man is. I'm a HUGE Beatle freak and Jeff/Wilco is the ONLY band I would ever whisper in the same breath as tat band. Creatively, Tweedy (and certainly his partnership with Jay B) is very much in Lennon/McCartney's league...the most significant creative presence in American music over the last 40 years.

In any event, I've been obsessing over A.M. lately - what an amazingly underrated album. WOW.

• 2 weeks later...