a pet peave related to people on this board

seriously I was lucky to get into Wilco later .. cuz I can appreciate EVERY incarnation .. it is ALL good … I dont spend my time whinning about this line up or that one ….I find it all pretty silly and find the critics do it to just seem hip …..its like the whinners would have wanted the Beatles to not go from rubber soul to Abbey Rd … its friking ART my friends enjoy it .. quit whinning about the past ….how abqout if I would have known you 15 years ago how would you like me going, damn you were such a better person back in 1994 YAWN! .. seriously I have had a several drinks and I am just cranky .. I think I will listen to New Madrid and follow it up with You and I just to confuse the shit out of myself .. have a wonderful Thanks Giving

Guest Speed Racer

seriously I was lucky to get into Wilco later .. cuz I can appreciate EVERY incarnation...

This is an entirelt false supposition, that all early fans don't appreciate the late stuff.

...seriously I have had a several drinks and I am just cranky ..

You should do this more often; brings out a side of you I'm sure you're proud of.

Don't shit all over the dining room table and announce, "Happy Thanksgiving!" when you're done. This is a message board, where people with a variety of opinions post on a variety of topics, including Wilco. If you can't gird your loins and deal with the fans who post you might want to stick to just listening to the band.

Too sensitive for the internet, maybe? Merry Christmas!

seriously I was lucky to get into Wilco later .. cuz I can appreciate EVERY incarnation .. it is ALL good … I dont spend my time whinning about this line up or that one ….I find it all pretty silly and find the critics do it to just seem hip …..its like the whinners would have wanted the Beatles to not go from rubber soul to Abbey Rd … its friking ART my friends enjoy it .. quit whinning about the past ….how abqout if I would have known you 15 years ago how would you like me going, damn you were such a better person back in 1994 YAWN! .. seriously I have had a several drinks and I am just cranky .. I think I will listen to New Madrid and follow it up with You and I just to confuse the shit out of myself .. have a wonderful Thanks Giving

If you had known me in 1994 I would have punched you in the ear.

"You should do this more often; brings out a side of you I'm sure you're proud of.

Don't shit all over the dining room table and announce, "Happy Thanksgiving!" when you're done. This is a message board, where people with a variety of opinions post on a variety of topics, including Wilco. If you can't gird your loins and deal with the fans who post you might want to stick to just listening to the band.

Too sensitive for the internet, maybe? Merry Christmas"

Sorry about shitting on the dinner table ... Im old and forgot my depends last night. + I should have a breathalyzer on my keyboard it would save me from antagonizing people .... but the jist of my post is its just something I have observed (not just here)that there are some people who get into a band early dont adjust to the changes that like to live in the past .. it was brought on when I read on another board how Nels Cline ruined the band .... it just has been a pet peeve of mine since joining VC

and I sincerely meant Happy Thanksgiving

Honestly my appologies for offending .... I should have worded the whole thing differently or perhaps just kept my thoughts to myself

How about it appears to me that a limited number of people who got into Wilco in the early days "seem" less open to the newer stuff. Its a dynamic that isnt limited to Wilco fans. I guess I recently got into them and I find them to be a stunning band it bothered me for some reason but I worded like an ass.

Guest Speed Racer

I think most people here still think they're a stunning band. Some of us, too, happen to think that some of the songs - new and old - are stunningly awful. Does that make us cooler? Less cool? Smarter? Dumber? Nope. Means we're, like, you know, people. With, like, varying opinions and things. Same thing was true of fans in 1994, 1999, 2002 and 2006.

I've been a Tweedy fan since Uncle Tupelo's first album in 1990.

Lately, I just don't think he's writing songs of the same quality as many of his older songs -- particularly on the latest Wilco album, but also on the other two studio albums released since the departure of Jay Bennett. I don't know if Bennett was the missing ingredient or whether Tweedy simply went a different way with his songwriting, but whatever the reason, I just don't think the band's songs have been as good since YHF. (Yes, I'm dissing AGIB here. Sorry.)

This is my considered opinion, and I don't see why it would peeve anyone, or why it would be "whining" to hold such an opinion. I enjoy Wilco on my own terms. (And sometimes ction's.)

Sorry about shitting on the dinner table ...

and I sincerely meant Happy Thanksgiving

Honestly my appologies for offending .... I should have worded the whole thing differently or perhaps just kept my thoughts to myself

...I worded like an ass.

you are correct

Since dark seems to have been quite sincere in apologizing for the way he worded this, and for offending anyone, I'm going to suggest that maybe we just let this thread die a peaceful death, sink to the bottom of the page, etc.

Thanks. :)

Oh, let's not let it die! I wanna make fun of Wilco! Well, later Wilco. After Pat joined the band. He's the one that ruined it. And Jeff. And Nels. And Glenn. John's cool though.

Or, the thread could just be locked. Or, I could advise dark that all he has to do is delete his post, and this thread goes away. But allowing it to sink out of sight just seems a more graceful and gracious way of responding to this, doesn't it?

Or you could beat us in the face with a tire iron. There are all kinds of options to stop us from making fun of a guy who got upset because we made fun of some fucking band.