They should have called it climate change from the start

... but it's my theory that climate change is part of a natural cycle, and humans have little to do with it.

Not trying to swoop in and criticize, even though that is exactly what I am doing, but that isn't your theory. That is your guess, belief, hunch, gut feeling, etc. It is only your theory if it is supported by a large amount of research (evidence). A theory and a guess are very different. Science is scientific. :cheers

I agree that climate change is much better than global warming.

Not trying to swoop in and criticize, even though that is exactly what I am doing, but that isn't your theory. That is your guess, belief, hunch, gut feeling, etc. It is only your theory if it is supported by a large amount of research (evidence). A theory and a guess are very different. Science is scientific. :cheers

Touché.

Ok, it's my belief then.

Touché.

Ok, it's my belief then.

:lol Man, that was the first time that I have ever channeled Laminated Nap. What a freaky experience!

The big problem here is that the term "climate change" could mean almost anything. The climate has never been static. So when someone refers to "climate change" do they mean natural cycles, abnormal change, man-made change, or Al Gore recently ate at Chipotle? It's such a vague term to be used to refer to a specific scientific theory, and one that relies largely on computer models that have not been validated so far.

Which proponents are these?

I could name names, but they'd all be made up. Except Al Gore. It seems like he attributes every foul wind and dead polar bear to global warming.

Point being, we are behaving out of character: machines have only existed for 200 out of millions of years, and the earth wasn't really intended for them otherwise engines would have grown on trees.

If the earth wasn't intended to have machines, that was pretty dumb of it to evolve us.

there was an interesting segment on This American Life a few weeks back (episode 424- Kid Politics) with a teenage girl who was a passionate climate change skeptic having a discussion with an earth science teacher association lady. it was very revealing as to how people often can't change their beliefs, despite convincing arguments.