Mermaid Avenue Vol. 1

There was a sealed copy on ebay a few weeks ago. The starting bid was $125, and the buy it now price was over $200 :blink I'm really hoping these get rereleased on vinyl at some point, ideally not for Record Store Day, since that will inflate the prices (which is why I still haven't gotten Kicking Television yet).

The KT boxset was like $55 or $60 on the Wilco store on Black Friday last november.

I wish I would have bought a few extra copies of Mermaid Ave when the Billy Bragg store had a them last year, but I only bought one for my girlfriend. I kick myself every time I see one sell on eBay for like $80.

I have a feeling they will put both 1 and 2 out in a boxset sometime.

Or at least reissue 1 and issue 2 within the next few years.

I wonder do they know that they are selling for $80-$100 used. Obviously, there is enough demand to sell some more if they pressed them up, and then they would get to make some money off of it

Of course, it is a collaboration between Bragg and Wilco under the supervision of Guthrie's daughter, so there will be multiple people involved to make that descision. I would love to see a boxset with nice pressings and packaging. What Mermaid Ave. offers in terms of pressing quality and packaging leaves much to be desired :hmm