Guitar world acoustic #51

Does anyone have this issue? It has Johnny Reznick from the Goo Goo Dolls on the cover,But also Wilco has an article in there where Jeff discusses the tunings used on Yankee.

I think I may. I can look if you'd like.

Wow, that is too funny. I almost responded the exact same way until I read that.

I am pretty sure I have that issue but now I will make a note to myself to actually look for it. My intentions are always good, just need help with the execution part.

Alright, I manged to dig it up. I assume the part you are interested in is the following:

As the distinctive sonorities on several Yankee Hotel Foxtrot songs demonstrate, Tweedy, who favors vintage Gibson J-45's and Martin 0-18's, likes his altered tunings. "About half the new record is either in DADFAD (open D minor) or DADAAD he notes. Whenever the chords sound a little unusual, it's probably one of those.

I don't see any specifics about songs or anything but hope that helps.

Hmmmmm...

I have the following:

Kamera [ Open D - D A D F# A D (no capo) ]

Radio Cure [ Open D - D A D F# A D (no capo) ]

Pot Kettle Black [ Open D - D A D F# A D (no capo) ]

None in DADFAD or DADAAD. However, these songs (mostly) get played on the bottom three strings - DADxxx; therefore, you could almost use any of these tunings interchangeably.