Wilco GA Lines in the UK

Good Evening all, long time lurker, first time poster on here.

I understand that GA lines are common place at Wilco gigs in the States but what about in the UK?

I am doing three of the UK dates this upcoming tour (Manchester and London x2) and I am planning on getting down to the venue early on the day of each gig to hopefully get a good spot on the barrier and also to meet with other fans.

Will I be on my own?

Newman.

If you really mean 'day' then I think you will be on your own. For all the shows in the UK I've ever attended I've been more than satisfied with an hour and a half to 2 hours before opening up time (and have been at the front then) - though being dead front is not so attractive to me now - a polite three or four rows back will do nicely.

There is one man who will have all the answers though :pirate Bbop, where are you ...

Here I am! :wave

I doubt I have all the answers, but in my experience, GA lines in the UK are MUCH mellower than in the States. London would be the only place I would expect there to be much of an early forming queue, but I suppose as the band has gotten more popular abroad, there might be a slight uptick in early queuers, but probably not too much.

Of course no one is likely to be as indifferent to queue-ing as the Irish. At least in my experience...:dontgetit

Thanks for the info guys, that is just the kind of info I had in mind.

My GA line background is Springsteen where lines forming 3 days in advance is the norm.

Even such lunacy as people leaving the 1st night of a gig early to get at the front of the line for night 2! :no

I was not expecting such goings on here but it was good to get clarification from those in the know.

I agree that London will be the only one with any kind of early line, especially night 2 as it a Saturday. I will be in the city all weekend though so that does not present me with a problem.

Thanks for your input.