Finally finally finally got to see the original lineup headlining this past weekend's Brooklyn Northside Festival and it was one of most rockin times I've had in years. Pollard is just so rock n roll it's sick.

Not alot of good vids from that show (hard to shoot when you're fist pumpin and head shakin for 2 hours) but here's a good one from their Fifth Avenue show. Pollard signs a dude's baseball in between mic swings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vP1h-v41SA&feature=player_embedded

Have folks seen them at all last fall or this year? Wish they were playing more dates this summer, but at least I got to catch that lovefest. Nothing like seeing middle-age fans older than me headbanging and screaming along to every 2 minute classic.

• 2 years later...

Saw them in between Alien Lanes and (now I'm brainfarting on the name of the next record) their next one. A brilliant show. Metro in Chicago.

I remember thinking that "Motor Away" is one of the greatest live rock songs there has ever been.

• 2 weeks later...