Missed Glenn shy.gif but:

Best Autumn Defense show I've seen (Pat kickin all sorts of ass....closed with Sentimental Lady cover) dancing_geek.gif

Nels and Thurston - approx 55 minutes of straight NOIZE (Thurston playing w/ only his feet at one point) guitar.gif

Levon's band was tight and the ladies could wail36.gif

Levon encore (w/ Wilco) --- I Shall Be Released and The Weight, with everyone taking verses (including a couple by Levon) dribble.gif

all 6 were out there along with about a dozen members of levon's band, made for quite the Last Waltz finale feel. The sun came out bright for the first time all weekend and it was quite a beautiful closing to great weekend.

Wish i would have waited around for levon, though im hardly surprised the wilco boys came out with him. Were all six of them out there?

All of Wilco was out for the finale of I Shall Be Released and The Weight.

Missed Glenn shy.gif but:

Best Autumn Defense show I've seen (Pat kickin all sorts of ass....closed with Sentimental Lady cover) dancing_geek.gif

Nels and Thurston - approx 55 minutes of straight NOIZE (Thurston playing w/ only his feet at one point) guitar.gif

Levon's band was tight and the ladies could wail36.gif

Levon encore (w/ Wilco) --- I Shall Be Released and The Weight, with everyone taking verses (including a couple by Levon) dribble.gif

The Autumn Defense

The Weight.jpg

Autumn Defense.jpg

My friend got a full iPhone video of "The Weight" and we were right up against the fence, so when he posts it on Youtube I'll share the link!

I could only take about 30 minutes of Nels + Thurston out of concern for my hearing (I'm only 21 too), though Nels upped the Thurston's feet by playing with his mouth--or at least screaming into a handheld voice modulator into his pickups...or something.

This technically should go in Day 2, but I recorded audio samples of the Glenn/Nels/Darin Gray improv soundfest in the Sol Lewitt gallery if anyone's interested.