Pitchfork anyone??

I'm going - Friday night only.

Looking forward to Tuneyards, Thurston Moore, Neko Case, Guided by Voices, and Animal Collective.

Friday is the only day that is appealing to me, if I didn't have to work, I would probably head there. But as it is, I couldn't get there until after 6pm or so. :ohwell

the band sounds awesome. wish i was there.

Saw them a couple weeks ago headlining a Brooklyn festival and it was pretty special. I feel like I've seen just about everyone I've ever wanted to, but somehow always missed them. Pollard just rules, plain and simple.

Your Solid Sound pics were incredible btw.

Clearly most VCers are no longer Pitchfork people. (Wilco turned you into dad rockers...?? JK see below.) I only saw one regular VCer Bbop, who came to look at the LPs we were sellling. Actually I can't talk about too many of the acts since I was busy selling most of the time. The crowd was crushing and frankly too much for me. I did see Neko, who I thought was just fine, but clearly old school in a good way. I enjoyed a portion of the Destroyer set. We sold Thurston Moore a couple LPs which was fun (and I bought a copy of his new LP from Music Direct for cheap). I heard lots of music but clearly identifying it with one band or another was difficult. Some was downright boring. Animal Collective seemed particularly boring. Fleet Foxes went from being a tentitive band three years ago to a full on CSNY channeling band this year. TV on the Radio sounded very good, but I was packing up mostly during their set and getting the hell out. The controversial rap group I did not see, but they did get a huge crowd. Sadly I missed Superchunk because I was tabling for CHIRP. GBV seemed relatively unhinged (and old). My enjoyment came from selling crap, talking to the Numero Group folks, and chatting with other record vendors and customers.

It was good that they streamed it. The heat and the crowds were oppressive most of the weekend. Had to take today off because I am wasted from the heat.

LouieB