Wilco Raleigh 9/27/11

Soldier (?) (with the Jesus of cool, Nick Lowe)

Not sure if that is the correct title, but damn, that song kicked ass!

I Love My Label (with Nick Lowe)

That's "36 Inches". How'd they handle the vocals on "I Love My Label"? Did Nick & Jeff trade off? You lucky stiffs! I knew they'd do that together eventually....and should've figured they'd do it in honor of Release Day! :lol

That's "36 Inches". How'd they handle the vocals on "I Love My Label"? Did Nick & Jeff trade off? You lucky stiffs! I knew they'd do that together eventually....and should've figured they'd do it in honor of Release Day! :lol

Lowe sang first verse of I Love My Label, Tweedy the second. 36 Inches was the absolute best part of the show and Lowe was playing an electric for these two songs! Kotche was otherwordly incredible the whole night!

They did trade off. That one was awesome as well. I felt so-so about Nick Lowe as an opening act, I think if he had a full band behind him, I would have gotten into it more. I met WilcoMe and her friend Cynthia tonight and had fun hanging out with them.

When they began Red-Eyed & Blue, Jeff had to switch guitars because the one he was going to use was out of tune. He made a comment like 'that's what I get for letting someone else use my guitar, so I guess Lowe had used his.

I concur about Glenn. The whole band was energized tonight. Although Ive heard the older songs plenty of times, they sounded fresh tonight. Pot Kettle Black was so intense that Jeff broke a string. Nels went to town on 'Impossible Germany', he played a kick-ass solo towards the end of the song that I had not heard before. I was blown away by Bull Black Nova live. No Laminated Cat but we did get Say You Miss Me, which I wasn't expecting. I must say that the more I listen to 'the whole love' the more convinced I am that it is the band's best to date. This is definitely a band thinking with one mind and enjoying it immensely.

Lowe sang first verse of I Love My Label, Tweedy the second. 36 Inches was the absolute best part of the show and Lowe was playing an electric for these two songs! Kotche was otherwordly incredible the whole night!

When they began Red-Eyed & Blue, Jeff had to switch guitars because the one he was going to use was out of tune. He made a comment like "that's what I get for letting someone else use my guitar," so I guess Lowe had used his.

Pat had been playing it (one of Jeff's red SGs) - Lowe used a Tele.

Oh, I'm late to the party--didn't see this thread till just now. (Donna, you're right--it's impossible to keep up nowadays!)

Raleigh was lots of fun and had some very special moments for me--meeting jimtweedy1977 (hi Jeremy!), catching up with other Solid Sounders after the show, and getting to share the whole experience with one of my oldest and dearest friends AND the only person I've managed to fully convert to Wilco fandom. She's hasn't gone quite as far over the edge as I have, but way more than I would ever have believed possible.

God, I'm gonna miss having Wilco shows to look forward to after this southeast run is over. I've been spoiled rotten!