Chicago Station XRT to feature Wilco Friday

From an email they just sent:

What a Week for Wilco!

From downtown Chicago’s Civic Opera House to the more intimate settings of the Vic, Metro, and Lincoln Hall on the near northside, Wilco is making their musical presence felt in five of the city’s most popular venues this week. Of course, each of these XRT Shows sold out almost immediately. Our initial impression after the first two performances is that the band is as excited about this live homecoming as are we, their biggest fans. See Wilco video here. Tune in Friday for our day-long Wilco feature, including excerpts from Jeff Tweedy’s extended conversation with XRT’s Marty Lennartz.

They should feature them everyday, all day, and owe them a full year of all Wilco, 24 hours a day given their expanding VIP presence every night. I don't think these were fans given tix in the premium zone, they did have a contest for a couple tix for a few shows, but not this many. These were industry folk from they way they were dressed. If you go to enough shows of bands in Chicago you can pick out Marty Lennertz, Lin Bremer, and the great Terri Hemmert in a crowd. Didn't see any of them, although I know some of them did intros. Unless they brought everyone they have ever met, it was a little VIP heavy. XRT has been the only station in Chicago to support Wilco,and they deserve to be given VIP status, but Thursday I swear the XRT VIP crowd had more admissions than us po folk. Not complaining, but I expect a little more than a Friday feature now and again in the future. Maybe Lunch with Wilco, or Wilco Wednesday, or Tweedy Tuesdays, Noon with Nels, Mikael Mondays, Paturday, the Glenn Kotche hour, or Stirrat Up Sundays. I think the show at the Vic I was the only non VIP.