Jeff Tweedy at Largo January 23rd

Just received from Largo.

Hello Everyone,

Jeff Tweedy will be the guest on the next Jeff Garlin In Conversation on Monday, January 23. Click here to purchase tickets. Grab them while you can as this show is sure to sell out.

Monday, January 23: Jeff Garlin In Conversation with Jeff Tweedy. Seats will be assigned beginning at 6pm, Doors open for drinks at 7pm, Showtime 8pm, Tickets $30. Click here to purchase tickets.

Cheers,

Largo

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone here get to this event? Any idea whether it was taped or will be made available? I called the venue and got a recording that never gave me the option to reach a live person. They do have a couple of pictures posted here but that's all--nothing on Twitter or Facebook either.

The lack of coverage seems surprising, since the event was sold out. Doesn't everyone else enjoy hearing Jeff talk as much as I do??

I originally heard Jeff Garlin talking about this as a taping for his upcoming podcast, but I don't know if that's how it actually shook out. Might want to keep an eye out for it in that format.

Thanks! After much googling I did manage to unearth this little writeup on the Jeffversation from LASnark.com. I'm pasting the text below but be sure to click on the link if you want to see Jeff giving someone the Tweedy Bird.

Last night I attended my second “Jeff Garlin in Conversation With..” show. Last time I saw Jeff interview Larry David, and last night I had a chance to watch him chat up Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy. A Jeffversation if you will.

I respect the laws of Largo so this post contains no photos, video, or audio from the show last night. But I did manage to steal some footage IN MY MIND.

Topics included:

- Pooping your pants on stage

- Jeff Garlin going on a rant about how he’s sick of dealing with Andy Dick

- Lots of making fun of Sammy Hagar

- How similar the Jeffs’ wives are

- Jeff Tweedy losing his virginity at 14 to a 24 yr old that worked at his local record store

- People in LA asking awkward questions when presented with their “one chance to ask Jeff Tweedy a question.” This prompted Jeff Tweedy to say “I hope you people never get your hands on a magic lantern.” This became the show-closing zinger.

So much more was covered in this over 2 hour conversation that will be available at some point in the future (audio-only most likely) when Jeff Garlin figures out what he wants to do with all of these recordings. Judging by the two shows I’ve seen it’s going to be a pretty entertaining collection of conversations.

Jeff Garlin doesn’t play the typical interviewer, he just kinda goes with the flow. If you enjoy watching a comedian and celebrity travel hand in hand down a conversational rabbit hole I would definitely recommend you head over to Largo for upcoming “Jeff Garlin in Conversations.”

I was there, and enjoyed it, but it's not something that really lends itself to recapping. As evidenced by the recap above. It was a 2.5-hour conversation between two guys on stage. Jeff Garlin said he's really not sure what he'll end up doing with the recordings.