First I've heard of it. Did you check out sonvolt.com? Looks like it's not expected out until the Fall. He may not have even recorded much for it yet!

Here's an interview where he talks a little about new songs/album.

Do you feel that working with this type of material affects your own songwriting. You said that you had spent a few months writing new songs and have a record to put out.

I don't know that it directly influenced anything I've done after it, but I think it's nice to be able to jump around to sort of a variety of projects. It keeps inspiration juices flowing.

Now that you've done projects on Kerouac [with Ben Gibbard] and now the Guthrie project, are there other writers or musicians that you'd like to do a special project on with their material?

I think if something comes down the road like that it will come to pass. At this point I don't have anything in the works, but I'm certainly open it.

I didn't know if there was something on your inspirational to-do list for later on.

Right. If it's not already in the works, I probably don't want to mention it for fear of jinxing it anyway.

The project that you're talking about where you're writing the songs. Are you going to release this next year as well?

Right. Early next year will be the release time period for the project with Will, Jim and Anders. Later, maybe fall of 2012, there will be a Son Volt record.

You mentioned releases next year. After spending years with Warner Bros. and Legacy Recordings [a subsidiary of Columbia] does Rounder Records seem like a good fit for you?

Yeah, they've put out some Woody Guthrie records and will put out our recording.

Will the Son Volt record come out on Rounder as well?

Yeah.

Looks like Son Volt is relasing TODAY a digital download of alternate mixes and re-mastered track from 2003's Terroir Blues sessions.

I got the Son Volt email on Tuesday, and when I saw my buddy Andrew Duplantis on Weds. night I said "New Son Volt record, dude?" His reply "Thats what I heard, I guess I need to get on that mailing list." LOL! And followed it up with "Where are we playing anyway?"