To feed the nineties nostalgia, here's another forgotten band from the 90s.

Officially they haven't disbanded. This is encouraging news I just read on their wikipedia:

On January 31, 2012 the band posted on their official Facebook page that they are currently in the studio with the following line-up: Jakob Dylan, Rami Jaffee, Greg Richling, Stuart Mathis, and drummer Jack Irons.

(This particular song is from a 2005 album).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt1l4E2mnYA&ob=av2e

I know both there facebook and Jakob Dylan's are talking about a new record coming out in fall of this year. I for one am excited. I'm waiting with bated breath for any song leeks of in progress songs. It will be nice to see if there sound changed to reflect Jakob's solo efforts into a lower key acoustic sound or they would go back to general trad rock.

I know both there facebook and Jakob Dylan's are talking about a new record coming out in fall of this year. I for one am excited. I'm waiting with bated breath for any song leeks of in progress songs. It will be nice to see if there sound changed to reflect Jakob's solo efforts into a lower key acoustic sound or they would go back to general trad rock.

Hopefully it'll sound indie, folkish, with just the right number of rockers.

• 2 weeks later...

been enjoying women and country.

is jacob in any way related to bob dylan (spelling ?)? i've always wondered. they kind of look alike.

Not sure why you would hire Neko Case and Kelly Hogan and then bury them that deep in the mix. I just can't figure that out.

Jakob even sounds like Bob.

LouieB

Not sure why you would hire Neko Case and Kelly Hogan and then bury them that deep in the mix. I just can't figure that out.

Jakob even sounds like Bob.

LouieB

The opinion is that he's a better singer than his father with the lyrics being as good.

He's the son of Bob Dylan.

bad joke, sorry. i can hear neko pretty well on Women and Country. it's about half good. i don't mind T.Bone's production. however, i think jakob could make a killer album with a small band including pedal steel and no attempts at trying to be tom waits.

bad joke, sorry. i can hear neko pretty well on Women and Country. it's about half good. i don't mind T.Bone's production. however, i think jakob could make a killer album with a small band including pedal steel and no attempts at trying to be tom waits.

Sorry I didn't get it, I'm way too serious today. The truth is Jakob has been forging his own career. Honestly I don't know much about Waits, I've seen threads here so I assume he's much appreaciated, may be time to start digging his music.

The opinion is that he's a better singer than his father with the lyrics being as good.

i've never heard this opinion. wouldn't agree with it either.

he's a talented dude though, and not just a second rate dylan kind of talented. his solo material's been solid, and bringing down the horse is full of great songs to hear on the radio.

Sorry I didn't get it, I'm way too serious today. The truth is Jakob has been forging his own career. Honestly I don't know much about Waits, I've seen threads here so I assume he's much appreaciated, may be time to start digging his music.

so much is lost on the internet :) i was just in a sarcastic mood. my point about Waits was that some of production on Women and Country has a Waitsian feel. jakob is a solid songwriter.

• 7 months later...

Sounds pretty good to me.

been enjoying women and country.

is jacob in any way related to bob dylan (spelling ?)? i've always wondered. they kind of look alike.

:badger :lol