Versions Of "The Good Part"

Can anyone who owns the Japanese Import version of "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" here help me out please.

Is the version that's a bonus, 12th, track on that import version of the album the same as the version of the B-side of the "War On War" single?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O57VOmyRLBg

I know there is the "engineer demo" version floating around as well...

Is it one of these, or something else entirely? Like a finished, different studio track?

And if so, where, pray tell, might I find it?

The Owl & Bear Archive is incredible & extensive, but focuses on live stuff, and very oddly I must say, doesn't bother to be complete with non-album commercially released material.

I know "it's all out there, if you just google", but I don't know which sites that offer all sorts of downloads are safe & Kosher & which aren't.

Thanks to anyone who can help...and to everyone here for helping to make this such a great resource & community.

And for extra-cirricular help, feel free to email me at "HareDurga@yahoo.com". Thanks!!

Here's what I'm pretty sure is the "engineer demos" version up on youtube also, and these two (the earlier one posted above, which is the b-side to the "War On War" single) & this one are definitely different...but both great! Just curious as to what is on the import...a finished studio version? same as this one? different studio version? or just the live one that's on the b-side of the "War On War" single?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvDrNGqiJU

MIght I add that I'm not a "completist" either, well not in the severe sense...however I do have a passionate/obsessive nature...and getting all the non- regular release material is something I'm working on...

as well as lots of great live stuff from each era/tour...

and compiling "deluxe" versions of each album with all the lost/extra non-regular release material- which relates lots to the first point here...

Trying to finish up "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"- easily a regular release, then another album & then some of extras & this is the final sticking point for me...

Yes, the first one if the single b-side version. Not sure about the origin of the second version, but it sounds like a demo.

My bigger question is...and I'm thinking that you're the man who is most likely to know this...what is the version that is on the Japanese import version of "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"?

My bigger question is...and I'm thinking that you're the man who is most likely to know this...what is the version that is on the Japanese import version of "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"?

I have no idea. I've always assumed it was the same version as on the War on War single.

The Owl & Bear Archive is incredible & extensive, but focuses on live stuff, and very oddly I must say, doesn't bother to be complete with non-album commercially released material.

That's just it -- the Owl & Bear archive's purpose is primarily live recordings and unreleased (non-commercial) material. I think they'd get in a bit of trouble if they were offering free downloads of commercially-available recordings. As the site says, "This archive was created by members of Wilco’s ViaChicago fan community to make the band’s live shows more accessible to fans. All content below has been posted in good faith, in accordance with the band’s policy: “Wilco supports the free trading of live recordings for non-commercial purposes.”