Should have passed Single Payer System

in the first damn place.

everyone cries about noone compromising but the president compromised and took a republican idea and tried to work with them

shows what you get for that sh*t.

We spent all that political capital and these babies are gonna kill it in court. sickening. AND THEY STILL HAVE NO ANSWER FOR THE PROBLEM!

insurance companies and pharmies are costing this country more than SS or the pentagon.

relax, it ain't dead yet.

and hate to break it you, but a single payer system will just never pass in the good old US of A, at least not in our lifetime. Way too much private sector money at risk to do something like that.

Understandable, but it really only matters what Kennedy and Roberts think at this point. The other 7 seem pretty entrenched in their positions, as expected.

BTW, I'm so amused at all of this play-by-play (and sometimes painfully partisian) reporting of this Court hearing. Like anything that these reporters say/write is going to shape what the Court's final decision will be.

We'll all find out soon enough, and just because a judge asks one side tough questions doesn't necessarily mean s/he's going to vote that way.

This whole mess only goes to show how important the Supremes have become. Where are all the conservatives decrying that this is not what the founding fathers intended the Supreme Court to do?

LouieB

This whole mess only goes to show how important the Supremes have become. Where are all the conservatives decrying that this is not what the founding fathers intended the Supreme Court to do?

LouieB

How is it not? Judicial review was fully expected by the drafters of the Constitution, which became official with Marshall's opinion in Marbury v. Madison.

Understandable, but it really only matters what Kennedy and Roberts think at this point. The other 7 seem pretty entrenched in their positions, as expected.

It is sad when a major decision comes down to what one person thinks. I can say this is not what the founders wanted. They wanted an impartial judical review, not a split court of with four conversatives and four liberals and one swing.

Why don't we make Kennedy king of the supreme court, becasue it is apparent that it is only his opinion matters. I am really tired of the 5-4 decisions, I would much rather see a 7-2 decision regardless of the outcome.

How is it not? Judicial review was fully expected by the drafters of the Constitution, which became official with Marshall's opinion in Marbury v. Madison.

Yea, but not before that. So I suppose that is a long time, but maybe not what the founders where expecting.

LouieB

it's just sad that we have to go through this process to get some kind of care for the uninsured. i often wonder what it would be like if food, shelter, medical care were the priority and not profit.

it's just sad that we have to go through this process to get some kind of care for the uninsured. i often wonder what it would be like if food, shelter, medical care were the priority and not profit.

Why do you hate America?

;)