PSA Allman Brothers Summer Tour

Summers here and the living is easy...

Well OK it's warmer and we are lighter on our feet

For toe tapping Lovers of the Brothers....

Here is a Link to What's Doing for them this summer

IN Boston we get are happy to Get 2 Nights* at the Pavilion by the Water

CT on a Saturday night is Getting Santana as an Opener (Not yet Sold Out)

http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/

*Boston onsale Monday at 10 am

Wilco played this Venue 1x hope they do again

Truth is they are like Skynyrd just a tribute band. The day they threw out Dickey tthey should have retired the band.

Couldn't disagree more. Gregg may be not in touring health now, but that doesn't discount the many years of great shows with the Warren/Derek version of this band.

Couldn't disagree more. Gregg may be not in touring health now, but that doesn't discount the many years of great shows with the Warren/Derek version of this band.

Yeah, they sound OK....but have they not made a new song worth a shit in 20+ years.

No doubt that Warren/Derek are great guitarists but neither of them were there when they actually recorded the music.

Don't get me started with them pulling out Blue Sky and Liz Reed now...just a joke really if you ask me.

From most of what I read DIckey has many flaws and maybe should have been tossed...but when they did that...should have retired the name. Could make argument that they should have retired the name when Duane passed.

Plus they have 0.00 original guitarists from the "real Band"....and not the original bass player.

Yeah, they sound OK....but have they not made a new song worth a shit in 20+ years.

No doubt that Warren/Derek are great guitarists but neither of them were there when they actually recorded the music.

Don't get me started with them pulling out Blue Sky and Liz Reed now...just a joke really if you ask me.

From most of what I read DIckey has many flaws and maybe should have been tossed...but when they did that...should have retired the name. Could make argument that they should have retired the name when Duane passed.

Plus they have 0.00 original guitarists from the "real Band"....and not the original bass player.

Well, I guess they should have just packed it in, and everything I've been listening to for the last xx years was a fraud.

But beyond that rather pointless discussion, Hittin the Note came out in 2003, and I happen to think that's an excellent album. And I don't know what you're talking about when you write that they're pulling out Liz Reed now. As if that hasn't always been in the setlists.

Not really a fraud but basically Greg Allman and friends. I know that Liz has always been in the setlist but when Dickey left they should have took it out. I understand many people still like to see them live because they tour all the time. I actually saw them a few years ago and did not really love it. Also, how many songs off that record (HTN) do they play live?

Woman Across the River

Desdemona

Rockin Horse

Instrumental Illness

more infrequently, Maydelle

Other Great ones After .. Stuck in the 70's (a fine place to be but imo the ABB has played some of their Best Live Music in my Lifetime in the Last 10 years)

Sailin' 'Cross the Devil's Sea

Good Clean Fun

No One Left To Run With

Soulshine

Yes it's your choice not to purchase ABB since the 70's

Yes Betts was and occasionally still is a Good Performer but the Band got Sober he was left in the rear view mirror Band Decision.

I have seen WIth Dickie & Warren in the 90's

Attended many more shows Post DIckie with Warren & Derek up front .

The switch off on the Leads and transitions flow more smoothly.

Additionally there ability to cover their influences well have been a fine excursion live and they have brought Greg and the Band of Brothers and us along for the ride.

For Example I Submit in the Middle of Mountain Jam you may get Dazed and Confused

11/26/11 Tower Theatre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEofOzrB_s8