Damn Nature, you pretty!

I was looking at these webcam views of Yosemite and craving a long visit there. Take a look, although it doesn't even barely scratch the surface of how lovely the area is:

http://www.yosemiteconservancy.org/webcams

We really are fortunate, despite all the hardships life flings at us, to be surrounded by so many gorgeous and inspiring places...whether it's the Grand Canyon or your local undiscovered fishing spot. Where do you go (or where do you wish to go?) for that sustenance that only comes from a peaceful location in nature?

Camp Mather looks fantastic! Enjoy every minute. Bring bug spray.*

* Based on Brennan's and my experience hiking to the Devil's Postpile (in nearby Mammoth) last early July....the 747-sized mosquitos made it the fastest visit ever, and our hike was more of a run, slapping at each others' backs as we raced for the protection of the car. Beautiful scenery though! Blurry, but beautiful!

The Black Hills of South Dakota and highway 16A in Wyoming are gorgeous. The Black Hills area is one of my husband's and my favorite vacation spots.

The Rockies through Colorado and the red rocks of south central Utah along I-70 are the most magestic, breathtaking scenery I've seen. This picture of that stretch of road in Utah doesn't even do the view justice:

i-070_eb_view_san_rafael_swell.jpg

I can't see your picture, Michelle, but I would love to see the photo you've posted, just from your description of it! I know the Black Hills are gorgeous, and I remember how pretty Wyoming was when Brennan and I drove through it late last June!

As for the Yosemite photo I posted (2nd post in this thread), I can't see that either! Haha, I thought I was getting a still photo from the webcam, but I noticed as today wore on that the picture looked different, and darker & more shadowed. Seems my "photo" is connected to the webcam itself, so now that it's night, you get nothing to look at but a big black rectangle with a few tiny spots of light. :lol

Dawn tomorrow ought to be pretty cool though! Set your alarms for early!

Hmm, I'm on Chrome, which is usually reliable, but I'll try another. As for the Yosemite photo, you missed what I was saying...it's updating with the webcam, so I couldn't see a thing last night except a big black rectangle! :) Now that it's daytime I can see it fine. ( I expect a recurrence of this problem tonight.)

Edit: Ok, seeing it fine on Firefox. Wow! A view to forever! That's a terrific photo.

That's weird. I've been using Firefox. It doesn't seem to want to cooperate on anything else. Here's the link I borrowed it from:

http://www.interstat...afael_swell.jpg

As for the Yosemite photo, you missed what I was saying...it's updating with the webcam, so I couldn't see a thing last night except a big black rectangle! :) Now that it's daytime I can see it fine. ( I expect a recurrence of this problem tonight.)

Oh, duh, I get it now. Last night when I logged in here it was getting dark here in Central time, but it would have been early evening on the live webcam there at that time, two hours earlier West coast time. So I didn't catch what you meant because I was seeing light in that image when it was dark here, so I mistook it for a still picture. If that makes any sense. Sometimes I'm slow....

On IE and Chrome, I get this in response to the link:

Error 403 - Forbidden

You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.

Heat, it works through Firefox, and is such a cool photo!

If anybody wants to see Yosemite Falls tonight you'd better look quick because Post #2 is getting very dark very quickly. :lol