Wilco - Florence 11 Oct 2012

Well, it was so much fun last time, let's play Google Translate spin the bottle again

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.distorsioni.net/canali/live-report/wilco&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwilco%2Bfirenze%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26tbo%3Dd%26biw%3D768%26bih%3D928%26tbs%3Dqdr:d&sa=X&ei=73x4ULPELeKw0AWfuYC4Bg&sqi=2&ved=0CFgQ7gEwBw

My iPad won't let me copy and paste in here when the page has been translated. Here is the setlist they give though:-

- Set list  Wilco 11 Ottobre 2012

Ashes of american flag

Art of almost  

Impossible germany

Black Moon

Spiders

I Might

Misunderstood

California Stars

Handshake Drugs

Jesus etc

Hummingbird

A shot in the arm

-   Encore:

Passenger side

Kamera

Hate it here

I'm always in love

Heavy metal drummer

I'm the man who loves you

I'm a Wheel

Favourite phrase this time is "The dissolution of the great and forgotten Uncle Tupelo gave birth to a creature even more fabulous" - Phoenix from the ashes by any other name.

"Public already in delerium" & "the band leaves the stage to general rejoicing". Hosanna in the highest!

One useful nugget - probably 3 more road case releases to come from this mini-tour.

Here's one more review, from Rolling Stone online, courtesy of Google Translate:

The "small and poor" Florence is slowly recovering from the punch in the stomach of Iggy Pop, who arrived soon after the stroke in the Cascine park Radiohead, ready to face the season of indoor concerts, having lived as a summer full ever. Autumn season started in the best way possible, with Wilco.

A concert of class and style, songs so simple but never dull. Reasons that remain etched in memory and continues to whistle as he returns to the parking lot, with a beatific smile on his face. You're friends with everyone, greetings everyone, even those who do not know, because Wilco affraternano.

The first two songs, Ashes of American Flags and Art of Almost, give the imprinting in the whole concert, alternating ballads and folk songs from the fast pace, vaguely prog (I said prog! In many be offended?) with sudden acceleration and sudden braking, steep climbs of tones, with furious guitars to create a stunning wall of electronic sounds.

The audience was ecstatic and singing in unison. How could it not be after spending yet another high-class musical experience. We are getting used well. If you see the first good winter concert autumn, then Florence will be anything but "small and poor", especially for music. We're ready.