Anybody going?  This will be my 4th year going with a buddy who'd been encouraging me to go with him for like 13 years.  Finally went in 2010, and I don't plan on ever not going again.  The music, the food, the late nights.  For a music fan, its like being a kid in a candy shop.  So if it's on your bucket list or something you've been thinking about doing, just do it!  OK, I'll get off my soap box now.  This video will get me through the morning.

Oh, I so wish I could go.  Logistics are tricky (daughter in grade school, husband who commutes to work and gone for 11 hours).  I haven't been to Jazzfest since 1999 but it's the BEST time. (Okay, Solid Sound is the BEST time, but who needs to rank 'em?)

Something to plan and scheme about during these winter months!  Kermit Ruffins and crawfish pie -- yum...

• 1 month later...

Lineups announced yesterday.  I'm going second weekend.  I look forward to going regardless of the lineup, the fun of Jazz Fest is hearing all the great music I've never heard of and would never otherwise see, but very happy with the lineup for second weekend.  Black Keys, Los Lobos, Galactic, Widespread, Patti, Jimmy Cliff, Trombone Shorty, Meter Men, and more I haven't even considered yet.

Anyone else in?

In the lexicon of Jazz Fest people, the Fleetwood Macs, Billy Joels, DMB's etc. are the "BNA"'s, Big Named Acts.  In my experience, other than Wilco headlining on the Acura stage on Thursday in 2011, its not about the BNA's.  It's about all the other incredible music that comes from the 10+ stages set up on the fairgrounds over 8 hours each day.  And the late nights. I don't know if I'll see any of the second weekend BNA's, maybe Panic.  But I know I'll have the best 4 days and nights of music of the year.   

But I know I'll have the best 4 days and nights of music of the year.   

Other than Solid Sound, of course.