GOD'S LOVE
-----
BERMUDA HIGHWAY (solo)
DEAR GOD
HIS MASTER'S VOICE
RIGHT PLACE
CHANGING WORLD
LOSIN YOUR HEAD

Just got back from this a bit ago and what a show!

I'm not sure what people's opinions here were of Jim James new album, but let me tell, live, these songs are fantastic. Almost every one of them was stretched out with anything ranging from guitar solos, drum solos, saxaphones, keyboards....I was constantly amazed by what they did with these songs.

The encore was also fantastic, loved hearing Bermuda Highway!

Anyone else at this show?

I was there too.  I did enjoy the new songs a lot better live than the studio versions.  But for me, something was missing from the show.  It was just a little bleh to me.  Bermuda Highway, however, was a nice touch (even though it seemed incredibly rushed), and I loved the encore of Monsters of Folk tunes (and the opening act was good too).  For me, I'd give it a Pitchfork 6.6 out of 10.

Awesome that you got Bermuda Highway!  I've been crossing my fingers that he might do that one as a solo acoustic thing all along, so I'm glad to see it's a possibility.  Also lovin' all the MOF stuff.  Hope His Masters Voice stays on the set til I see the show in LA in a couple weeks.

Awesome that you got Bermuda Highway!  I've been crossing my fingers that he might do that one as a solo acoustic thing all along, so I'm glad to see it's a possibility.  Also lovin' all the MOF stuff.  Hope His Masters Voice stays on the set til I see the show in LA in a couple weeks.

That's funny because my friend is a realitive fan of My Morning Jacket, like most of their stuff but also doesn't like some of their stuff at all.

Anyways, he really like the new album and Bermuda Highway is one of his all-time favorite songs. When I told him how great the new album sounded AND sent him a link to Bermuda Highway from the Vic show, he emailed me back 2 minutes later saying he just bought tickets to the LA show ha.

Here is the bermuda highway video.

It might be a little fast, but I personally loved it and didn't feel it was rushed at all!

That's funny because my friend is a realitive fan of My Morning Jacket, like most of their stuff but also doesn't like some of their stuff at all.

Anyways, he really like the new album and Bermuda Highway is one of his all-time favorite songs. When I told him how great the new album sounded AND sent him a link to Bermuda Highway from the Vic show, he emailed me back 2 minutes later saying he just bought tickets to the LA show ha.

Here is the bermuda highway video.

It might be a little fast, but I personally loved it and didn't feel it was rushed at all!

I don't think it sounds rushed.  Sounds great to my ears!