Tips for the show....

OK guys, any info would be great to make this a great concert experience! And it would be appreaciated if you took the time to answer a few questions....The Peoria show will be indoors...first show on the tour this has happened. What time shold I get there to get a good seat? How much are the posters? T-shirts? I've heard that security has made people thake their phones to the car. Is this true? I planned on getting there around 5:00 for the 5:30 Thompson set...so basically is that early enough and is the merch overpriced as usual? I assume food is sold at the venue? Sorry, my last big show other than Wilco was Pearl Jam about 11 years ago. :)  I hope my wife is able to hang in there for 5 hours of music. It's not really her thing. :)

Some of the answers we give you may not be accurate, depending on the venue, and the fact that it's inside, but here goes:

1) Getting there early to get a good seat? Hmm, that means you are in a general admission area? You already bought these tickets, right? If so, you will not have a seat, you will be standing. Get there by 4:30 and there is a chance you will (like I was) be on the rail the whole time. As close as can be, and able to lean. :D

2) Posters were $20 when I went, assuming they will be the same everywhere. Someone else may be able to clarify (if prices differed elsewhere).

3) I think T-shirt prices were $35-40. Again, someone else may be able to clarify.

4) Security may be venue dependent, but I saw lots of people taking photos on the sly (no flash). Watch out for security, don't let 'em catch you, and you're fine. I wouldn't try to get video of the shows unless you are way in the back: Dylan and Wilco both have "no videotaping" policies. Don't know about the other artists.

5) The 5:30-11:00 time frame is long enough that all venues should have something available in terms of vendors. Tampa was great, with a bunch of decent looking options; Atlanta, not so much (cash only for one, nachos with cheese if you don't want to use cash).

Enjoy. Hope your wife can at least hang through Wilco's set!

At the show I went to....West Palm...they had NO shirts with all acts or even a shirt that said Americanarama...only individual groups....SUCKS

Good point. That may be true for other shows as well. I really was not paying attention to what was on the shirts.

Probably should be safe and sell the tickets

:lol

You will need to choose if you want to be on the floor (no seats, standing only) or up in the stands for seating.  You could probably get pretty close to the stage by sitting in the stands on the side, but the sound may be terribly uneven there.  If they have a half-arena setup, I am debating sitting dead center stage in the seats right behind the floor.  Not too far away, best sound, and a place for my lazy ass to sit occasionally.  If it's full arena setup, that will be too far away for me.   Bottom line, I plan to get there shortly before doors open, evaluate the setup and make my decision from there.  Also, you might want to take some earplugs for MMJ.  I love them dearly and have seen them several times, but sometimes they are turned up unbearably loud.

Thanks for the info.....I assumed general admission meant I would be sitting (I suppose I will have that option) But didn't think I would have access close to the stage. I thoguht that was what the higher tix were...Were the Dylan momentos the only icentive to pay the outlandish extra $$$?

Thanks for the info.....I assumed general admission meant I would be sitting (I suppose I will have that option) But didn't think I would have access close to the stage. I thoguht that was what the higher tix were...Were the Dylan momentos the only icentive to pay the outlandish extra $$$?

That may also depend on the venue and your ticket prices. I paid $100 to be in the general admission pit area at the first show I attended, and it was well worth it. There were people seated behind me who paid twice as much.

Was your ticket $20 or something like that? Then I would assume you are at the back of an amphitheater.