Tear Stained Letter

Can't Win

My Morning Jacket:

Circuital

It Beats 4 U

Heartbreakin' Man

I'm Amazed

Dondante>

Isn't It A Pity [George Harrison] (w/Wilco)

Victory Dance

Wordless Chorus

Dancefloors

Wilco:

Give Back The Key To My Heart [Doug Sahm]

Airline To Heaven

One Sunday Morning>

Art Of Almost

Calvary Cross [Richard Thompson] (w/Richard Thompson on lead vocals)

California Stars (w/Richard Thompson)

Via Chicago

Kingpin

Box Full Of Letters

I'm Always In Love

Dawned On Me

Heavy Metal Drummer>

I'm The Man Who Loves You

I'm A Wheel

Bob Dylan:

Things Have Changed

Love Sick

High Water (For Charley Patton)

Soon After Midnight

Early Roman Kings

Tangled Up In Blue

Duquesne Whistle

She Belongs To Me

Beyond Here Lies Nothin'

A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

Blind Willie McTell

Simple Twist Of Fate

Thunder On The Mountain

All Along The Watchtower

-----------------------------------

Blowin' In The Wind

Aw, bbop, were you there? Would love to read your review, if you were. I just started this thread in my impatience.... :lol

Aw, bbop, were you there? Would love to read your review, if you were. I just started this thread in my impatience.... :lol

I was there, and sorry I never replied to this. Part of it was travel fatigue, part of it was internet going down at my place for a few days and not wanting to bang something out on my phone and part of it was not necessarily having much to add to what had already been reported.

Anyway, this show seems like ages ago now (even though it was just last week). And it was my first of this tour, so I didn't have a great frame of reference. But in retrospect, especially now that Richard Thompson's stint is over, this was a darn good show from a Wilco perspective. Give Back The Key... is one of my favorites and that was such a surprising opener, so right away, a good tone was set. Then Calvary Cross...whoa. I was expecting Sloth, so it took a little while to realize it was CC instead. I wonder why they decided to do it on this particular night and not again; to my admittedly untrained ears, it sounded pretty solid.

I guess that's partly the beauty of this tour, that on any given night, you might see something you won't see again. Messrs. Weir and Thompson have set pretty high bars for collaborations, so it'll be interesting to see what Mr. Bingham has to offer (if anything).

One funny bit of banter during this show that I hadn't seen mentioned elsewhere happened·(if memory serves) after Wilco played One Sunday Morning — which, at the time, I thought was a pretty gutsy call in a huge arena... and boy, was the chatter loud — when Jeff pointed out someone who was apparently holding up a lighter in sarcastic fashion. "If you're holding up a lighter to mock us, you better have a lot of butane," Jeff said. "What a waste." :P

As for Dylan, I can obviously see why people wouldn't be into it — especially if they're just seeing one show. But I will say that, at least for me, his set grows on you after you've seen it a few times. At this show, I was so focused on figuring out what he was playing that it was hard to enjoy the musicianship of his band and other factors. Since he's doing mostly the same set, though, after a while, you know what he's going to play pretty much so you can focus more on other things. That helped, for me at least.

Thanks for the review. As someone who has more than his fair share of live recordings, I really like to hear about the funny banter. I've been listening to the show from 10 years ago at the Great American Music Hall, where the band played the "goth" version of Heavy Metal Drummer, and that show has some true Jeff Tweedy standup material, including a whole a bit about what the band members were all doing on a break...something about John doing crossword puzzles and waiting for the phone to ring, or something like that. For a guy who was so inarticulate and self-deprecating in his youthful Uncle Tupelo days, J.T. really comes up with some off-the-wall, hilarious shit. My favorite from the shows I saw this leg was: "We have a rainbow. I hate rainbows. Overrated." :lol

Anyway, thanks again for that. Your reports are always much appreciated.