7. Via Chicago
8. Kingpin
9. Box full of letters
10. I'm always in love
11. Dawned on Me
12. Heavy metal drummer
13. I'm the man who loves you
14. I'm a wheel

I can't fucking believe Thompson has played Sloth AND Calvary Cross with Wilco!  The two greatest RT jam songs, far beyond what I'd hoped for, exactly what I dreamed of.  I can't believe I won't get to see RT and Wilco on this tour, either.  Curses on the tour schedule gods!

"Calvary Cross" & "Give Back The Keys To My Heart"...WOW!! Can't wait for the Toronto show!!!
Also read that "...Wilco joined MMJ for "Isn't It A Pity"."

Doug Sahm tune covered by Uncle Tupelo and, in the early days, Wilco.

Track it down, seriously. Great song.

Yeah, Wilco covered that in their very first concert. According to Wilcobase, they haven't done that one since the Summer Teeth tour. 

My head exploded AGAIN, seeing that they played the Sahm tune. This is one special tour.

I agree. I have to admit, my interest in these set lists borders on unhealthy. :lol

Hell, I'm nowhere near Peoria, but I started this thread just to make sure people knew where to post about it! And sure enough, another major league surprise. I don't think there's been a pedestrian set list on any given night.

I can't help but harbor some hope that playing all the covers, the Woody tunes and even Uncle Tupelo tunes has some sort of effect on the next Wilco record. Some kind of balance between more great pop songs, tunes with extended instrumental passages, rootsy alt-country stuff...or some amazing amalgamation of all those things. Who knows. But these sets that touch upon all the albums that also feature covers and rarities are just amazing, and maybe will "encourage" the band to really try a lot of different things while making the next record.

Interesting thoughts there, choo-choo-charlie. That would be cool. Heck, I'd be happy if the effect were just one of getting the set lists shaken up on a regular basis. Of course, any crowd will be hopping up and down at the end of a show for Monday, Outtasite or I Got You, but wouldn't they go just as nuts for We've Been Had, Dreamer In My Dreams, or ELT? And Give Back the Key to My Heart is just as strong an opener as anything else they've done, for my money. I am just really, really digging these lists. Wish I could have hit every show on the tour.

Man, I'm sure glad this tour came around!  To think they were going to take the summer off.  I'd rather have them hit the studio later with the inspiration from these concerts lingering.

I agree, too. As Keef and others have said, the best time for rock bands to go into the studio is when they are fresh off the road, well-oiled and running like machine (unless they are too exhausted).  I guess that assumes that you want to get a hot live sound for your record, which is something I'd love for Wilco to do.

I agree with you guys on this (damn, I am agreeing with everything on here lately, lol), and fortunately, I don't think they will be too exhausted when the tour is over. Sure, it's a long day, but their sets are only 75 minutes, so by Wilco standards, they're barely warmed up and it's time for Dylan! That bodes well for a new record: well-oiled machine, but not road weary. 

I thought the 'Kingpin' was a great touch. After the song Tweedy asked, "Pekin is around here, isn't it?"

Tweedy seems to be at ease up there, very confident, and, more importantly, he's having fun. The rest of the band is incredible. I really think they're one of the tightest acts out there right now.

Wilco turned many heads here in Peoria last night, I took some friends who had never seen them and they were very impressed. Everybody down here is still buzzing.

I just hope he keeps his promise of coming back sometime soon. All of those two to five hour road trips to see one of my favorite bands are getting crazy.

Here was the complete setlist for Peoria, as played:

Richard Thompson:

Stuck On The Treadmill
Sally B
Good Things Happen To Bad People
Tear Stained Letter
Can't Win

My Morning Jacket:

Circuital
It Beats 4 U
Heartbreakin' Man
I'm Amazed
Dondante (abbreviated end)>
Isn't It A Pity [George Harrison] (w/Wilco)
Victory Dance
Wordless Chorus
Dancefloors

Wilco:

Give Back The Key To My Heart [Doug Sahm]
Airline To Heaven
One Sunday Morning>
Art Of Almost
Calvary Cross [Richard Thompson] (w/Richard Thompson on lead vocals)
California Stars (w/Richard Thompson)
Via Chicago
Kingpin
Box Full Of Letters
I'm Always In Love
Dawned On Me
Heavy Metal Drummer>
I'm The Man Who Loves You
I'm A Wheel

Bob Dylan:

Things Have Changed
Love Sick
High Water (For Charley Patton)
Soon After Midnight
Early Roman Kings
Tangled Up In Blue
Duquesne Whistle
She Belongs To Me
Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
Blind Willie McTell
Simple Twist Of Fate
Thunder On The Mountain
All Along The Watchtower
-----------------------------------
Blowin' In The Wind

How was the sound inside? The Bridgeport show has been moved into an arena, too, so I'm hoping Stan and crew have any kinks worked out from having to make the transition from outdoor to indoor shows.

I've seen many shows in the Peoria Civic Center and I would have to say that Americanarama may have been one of the best sounding shows I've attended. It was loud, probably the loudest I'd ever heard Wilco.